8 - Pedri

Bobo32

Tonights game is a big test for Pedri!

He was part of a team that dominated against Real Madrid and won 4-0, with the midfield setup that I didn't like before.
In the first half, he looked to me to be the "weak link" in some ways though, he was the one who lost the ball most I must think, in silly ways some of the time.

Him being praised A LOT for this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4n-5edaIiA
Tells you a lot about his current reputation - he is in a place where one GREAT action and a couple of impressing ones is enough for people to be very impressed, and "fill in the blanks" in order to praise him.

I can see him win the balloon door soon enough though, and I believe he will turn into more of a g+a producer as time goes by.

ajnotkeith

He was part of a team that dominated against Real Madrid and won 4-0, with the midfield setup that I didn't like before.
In the first half, he looked to me to be the "weak link" in some ways though, he was the one who lost the ball most I must think, in silly ways some of the time.

Him being praised A LOT for this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4n-5edaIiA
Tells you a lot about his current reputation - he is in a place where one GREAT action and a couple of impressing ones is enough for people to be very impressed, and "fill in the blanks" in order to praise him.

I can see him win the balloon door soon enough though, and I believe he will turn into more of a g+a producer as time goes by.
Not his best game considering we were walking the game, I liked FDJ a lot more.

Windhook

The simplicity of his game brings such a smile. This guy is not the messiah but with few other good players around him can create a dynamite. This is what Barca needs, not megastars. Iniesta was never considered a godlike until Messi exploded on the stage. It is the same feeling right now. Maybe we don't need another phenomenon up front, I don't know, but Pedri is a future great midfielder definitely.

Iniesta Ultra

Wow I only counted two passes to the box that were of value in the video. The rest didn't further the play and about four sloppy turnovers. I watched the whole match replay couple nights ago and saw the same. How so many here are praising him for his performance blows my mind. Almost like the mass formation psychosis where covid jehovahs run around in masks believing a pandemic's occurring because social media tells them so.

False adoration is disturbing.

Last edited:

vegitot

Already reached 4+6 in a trash Koeman side during 20/21 so 10+10 is where he should be regularly imo now that we don't have an alien who scores and assists for 3 players.

Winning CL or WC will also boost chances of Gavi and Ferran (and Ansu) depending on how much they're involved. But for now it seems like they all will be influential for both Spain and Barca.

He could have more than 10 assists last season. Look at this video

Iniesta Ultra

Not his best game considering we were walking the game, I liked FDJ a lot more.

1:13 he's apologizing to Alba who had huge space on his run while no defender was closing Pedri down. He literally gave up with no pressure on him and this the first half when match was still undecided. I was pissed when I first saw it, but watching the replay paints even worse picture. Choir boy who only sings in tune when he feels confident smfh.

Skalman

Yeah bobo32 is right though, he was downright bad in the first half beside that great turn and set-up. Unfortunately due to his age and the fact that he constantly plays every single game, this is something that will continue.
He will mix very good performances with the likes of the first half where he was a non factor beside the action described.

Home of Barca Fans