8 - Pedri

Gnidrologist

Don't like the arguments/conclusions in that video, might argue against them later.
There aren't any "arguments" in that video, it just shows how mids play in Xavis system, namely, how they create spaces for others and drag away markers to open up the field for better passing lanes.

BusiTheKing

every fan group romantisizes their talents, especially if they seem to embody the ideals of their club.

with Pedri it does get a bit ridiculous. he's definitely special, i'm not saying he isn't. there's a certain dimension of his game that is very precocious, very finely tuned, very high level.

but it's still only that - one dimension. taking that dimension and generalising about his overall worth as a footballer is fallacious.

one example: i'd probably say his final pass "genius factor" is higher than Frenkie's or Gavi's. but his xA pr. game is still lower than either of theirs. what that tells you is that there are other dimensions involved in producing final passes.

serghei

every fan group romantisizes their talents, especially if they seem to embody the ideals of their club.

with Pedri it does get a bit ridiculous. he's definitely special, i'm not saying he isn't. there's a certain dimension of his game that is very precocious, very finely tuned, very high level.

but it's still only that - one dimension. taking that dimension and generalising about his overall worth as a footballer is fallacious.

one example: i'd probably say his final pass "genius factor" is higher than Frenkie's or Gavi's. but his xA pr. game is still lower than either of theirs. what that tells you is that there are other dimensions involved in producing final passes.

Pedri has to round up his game where he irons out the easy, silly mistakes. It seems every game he has a notable fuck up or more. Some easy pass that is missed or some ball that is poorly controlled, or some actions where he doesn't move into space well. This inconsistency he has to eliminate in time if he is to really be worth the comparison with ATGs like Iniesta.

Messi983

Pedri's behaviour and attitude towards all the veterans and his friends is the same despite his meteoric rise. He respects the veterans and is very humble. Due to his good character, Busquets and Alba like him a lot. They see Pedri as a humble boy who wants to keep evolving.

Choir boy confirmed :bbz:

cro-man

Pedri's behaviour and attitude towards all the veterans and his friends is the same despite his meteoric rise. He respects the veterans and is very humble. Due to his good character, Busquets and Alba like him a lot. They see Pedri as a humble boy who wants to keep evolving.

Choir boy confirmed :bbz:

there can only be one alpha:puig:

Gnidrologist

Is this something unexpected? Do young talented players usually get cocky and disrespectful to their elders as soon as they move up a rank? Seems like he has normal behavior, that's all.

Andresito

Staff member
Is this something unexpected? Do young talented players usually get cocky and disrespectful to their elders as soon as they move up a rank? Seems like he has normal behavior, that's all.

That sound exactly like Riqui, apart from the moving up a rank. His cockiness has been reported about in media.

vegitot

❗Xavi is delighted with Pedri and considers him key to the team. He says this actively in private and public.

? But the coach does not want Pedri to limit himself and continues to help him improve further. Xavi asks him to play at first touch whenever he can.

I think Porque once said here that he wants Pedri play like a 19 years old in some moments in the game. Pretty true.

Or maybe Porque is Xavi :xavi:

Home of Barca Fans