8 - Pedri

serghei

Just saying Pedri is a capable creator. Just because he remains 0 assist so people usually underrate his offensive contribution.

I must xay Pedri learns how to take corner, free kick pass from Xavi. Last season he could not kick the ball, now he can send it anywhere.

He lacks final pass obviously if he has 0 assists. You can be a good creator but still lack the ability to spot and/or execute the final pass to put somebody on a goal scoring opportunity.

So far, I am sure him and Xavi are working on it as it's one of the areas the player can improve on.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

He lacks final pass obviously if he has 0 assists. You can be a good creator but still lack the ability to spot and execute the final pass to put somebody on a goal scoring opportunity.

So far, I am sure him and Xavi are working on it as it's one of the areas the player can improve on.

I think he has something like 7 big chances created and 8 xA this season. How is that his fault? On probability the chance of none of them being converted is astoundingly low, he has genuinely just been very unlucky.

serghei

I think he has something like 7 big chances created and 8 xA this season. How is that his fault? On probability the chance of none of them being converted is astoundingly low, he has genuinely just been very unlucky.

Can't be true. Some are gonna be converted if you put top finishers like Lewa in a clear scoring chance in a consistent way. The reason it didn't happen is because he needs to improve on it.

serghei

Of course him being on zero assists is bad luck mostly, but his numbers, even if not zero, should be quite low in this area of his game. Needs to improve on it and be more daring.

Gnidrologist

His passing culture is on very high level. What impedes him is his still youngster/shy decision making in system, where ball retention is a goal unto itself. He will become braver and less constrained by it as he matures me thinks. He is like Xavi himself, afraid to loose possession. Once he become more confident in his skills, he will make more crucial passes. Remember that with all his swag, he's still 20 years old, which is kid age for pro football. Still thinks in terms of not disappoint his coach and senior players on the team. Remember that Xavi himself wasn't exactly an assist merchant in his junior years at Barca. Neither was Iniesta, who became a formidable player at 24/5. The standards for Barca mid are now set on unrealistic heights. We have great midfield with bunch of players, who can get even better. Rejoice.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

He's pure magic. Controls like Xavi, evades like Iniesta and scores like Fabregas :p
(obvious hyperbole before someone gets triggered)

KingLeo10

He's pure magic. Controls like Xavi, evades like Iniesta and scores like Fabregas :p
(obvious hyperbole before someone gets triggered)

Careful, lil Tempt incoming seething in rage that Pedri is scoring more than Lewa these days :lol:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He was hot and cold that half.

Had flashes of quality though that no one else can do.

FDJ and Araujo best two on park by far for Barca.

Home of Barca Fans