8 - Pedri

BJJ

Too injury prone.

I like Pedri but one of the issues is Xavi overpaying him and not using him in the proper manner.

fergus90

His injury problems started before Xavi to be fair
and Koeman and Xavi have rushed him back from injuries.

However, it’s looking like he’s simply injury prone. Which is hardly uncommon in the world of football and unfortunately it’s looking like he falls into that category.

BJJ

We have no luck.

Pedri,Fati and Araujo were supposed to be the future,the backbone of this team.
All 9f them are very injury prone.

BusiTheKing

Something tells me his place isn't at a top club. Kid looks like he is straining every fiber of his body to keep up with the movement of the game sometimes.

Seems like the level is demanding too much of his body. You see other players sprint like they want it, head high, effortless strides. He looks like he is dragging himself through a chore.

JamDav1982

Dont think that is the case but if it is he can still be top sitting deeper and using his understanding of game and range of passing.

M3ls

Something tells me his place isn't at a top club. Kid looks like he is straining every fiber of his body to keep up with the movement of the game sometimes.

Seems like the level is demanding too much of his body. You see other players sprint like they want it, head high, effortless strides. He looks like he is dragging himself through a chore.
I have spoken about this many times. When I watch how he moves, I get the feeling that this guy didn’t sleep two days before the match and unloaded heavy loads from trucks.

delancey

Not only vs Cadiz, but based on his performances in big games, his physical frailty, his extremely low assist numbers and end product in offense while playing AM. All of that and more.

He was great to you vs Bayern, vs PSG in CL? :lol: Not what I've seen.
That is a result of Xavi’s amateur tactics. Everyone is underperforming in attack, for our manager has no clue how to set up.

Reactions: BJJ

ajnotkeith

I have to say, despite all the pumped flexed pictures the Barca admins are posting on a daily basis, it doesn't look like he has actually made that much physical progress at all from his start point.

I mean there are probably 5lbs more of muscle but nothing crazy like you would be led to believe from the reporting on his physical transformation. He looks like he only works biceps, still no shoulders or chest or anything.
I struggle to believe that if with the resources he has and at a club like Barca which has top sports scientists that he wouldn't gain significant muscle if he committed to it. Genetics and all yes but anyone can do better than that even with basic workouts.

Basically, I don't think that much effort is going into his physical work, or if it is, that he's doing something extremely wrong. It could be possible he isn't actually trying to build muscle and that they have determined his body composition is best like that.928wHav7.jpeg

M3ls

A lot of muscle will not save you from injury.

Look at Busquets. How many matches has he missed in the last 15 years. 2, 3 or 5 matches?

ajnotkeith

A lot of muscle will not save you from injury.

Look at Busquets. How many matches has he missed in the last 15 years. 2, 3 or 5 matches?
There are tradeoffs. You gain more muscle and it helps you with explosiveness and strength but you might lose some stamina and become less durable.

The point is in the Barca medias a lot has been made about how hard Pedri is working to add muscle and improve his physique, but its not visibly there at the moment.

serghei

That is a result of Xavi’s amateur tactics. Everyone is underperforming in attack, for our manager has no clue how to set up.

He was mediocre at best at the World Cup too. As I said in the past, youngsters such as Pedri, Gavi, now Balde, etc., achieved their career best so far last season, winning the league under Xavi. They don't have any other better result under other managers to say Xavi is bringning them down.

The idea that they are great players and Xavi is managing them poorly is based on nothing, but one's eye test, which is very unreliable and hugely biased usually.

We all hope players like Pedri, Gavi, Balde, now Lamal are gonna turn great one day, but the road is long until that point and neither is that close to reaching such high level.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He was decent at the WC and Spains best mid to be fair and was better than Kimmich v Germany before Lucho had him borderline LB to let Alba go forward.

Not as good as previous Euros and as has been the case him and Gavi didnt gel.

Haha fucking helll... achieved their best under Xavi. What an awful argument that is.

How does that work for all the other players that are not teenagers or 20 and have done more under other coaches?

Gavi and Pedri have played their best football under other coaches to be fair.

Two sides to that argument.

Pedri is top as is Balde. Gavi not yet. Lamal has more than Raphinha already bar the ability to play week in week out.

Home of Barca Fans