8 - Pedri

serghei

What happens if we fuck up in the CL with a difficult draw?

Jury drops the charges?

Something like that. Not the end of the world if we get the toughest group and the team ends up 3rd. It's very unlikely though, we'll probably be able to get 2nd even if we get a bad draw again.

serghei

Toughest group still has us as one of the top 2 sides in it though.

Can't fuck it up again.

It's small margins in CL. If you get a tough one with multiple quality teams anything can happen. It just means we're not good enough to beat those top teams, and need to work harder. That's it, move on.

JamDav1982

There is not a group Barca can get that they should not be getting out of.

If they fail again Xavi will be under huge pressure and rightfully so it will be 3rd season in a row failing in Europe and at Barca that cant happen.

It would be repetitive failure and the argument of 'but it was a tough group' would not wash.

Porque

Not in the group stage with 6 games.

A tough draw in the KO though over 2, I grant you.

We go out in the groups and watch the excuses come out of Herbs mouth.
-no home advantage not being in Camp Nou
-most difficult group
-lack of signings
-injuries
-grass length
-didnt realize English sides were still in Europe
-etc

serghei

Not in the group stage with 6 games.

A tough draw in the KO though over 2, I grant you.

We go out in the groups and watch the excuses come out of Herbs mouth.
-no home advantage not being in Camp Nou
-most difficult group
-lack of signings
-injuries
-grass length
-didnt realize English sides were still in Europe
-etc

Relax, we're gonna go through. Me not being extremely critical of the team if we don't is a personal stance, don't expect other fans to be as forgiving and can't blame them if they aren't.

I am just willing to give the club time to sort this mess out. Especially considering what we achieved last season.

JamDav1982

The 'not playing at home' excuse wears thin when have failed to beat Benfica, Napoli, Galatasary, Frankfurt, Inter, Bayern and Man Utd at Camp Nou in last 8 games under Xavi.

Has won one home European game in that time v Plzn.

There cant be excuses and he needs not to start giving them either before the fact as he can do.

ajnotkeith

Something like that. Not the end of the world if we get the toughest group and the team ends up 3rd. It's very unlikely though, we'll probably be able to get 2nd even if we get a bad draw again.
And there you go.. this is the pre prepared defense if we go out early.

Not the end of the world of a club like Barca plays in Europa League three years in a row....ok pal

serghei

And there you go.. this is the pre prepared defense if we go out early.

Not the end of the world of a club like Barca plays in Europa League three years in a row....ok pal

Yes, not the end of the world if a Barca in huge financial problems plays in EL three years in a row. This is by far the most difficult time for the club in the last 20 years. These are special circumstances that for me count a lot in regards to my exigence as a fan of the team.

ajnotkeith

Yes, not the end of the world if a Barca in huge financial problems plays in EL three years in a row. This is by far the most difficult time for the club in the last 20 years. These are special circumstances that for me count a lot in regards to my exigence as a fan of the club.
Teams who spend less regularly progress through the stages. We have spent enough to be able to not play Europa three years in a row.

What our financial difficulties do is prevent us from being the best team, but not from something basic like getting out of CL group stages once in three years.

serghei

Teams who spend less regularly progress through the stages. We have spent enough to be able to not play Europa three years in a row.

You can do that. You can even draw pretty weak teams in Last 16 after you get past the groups. Highly dependent on draws like I've been saying in the last weeks.

Of course I'll be fuming if we get a good draw and we go out in groups. That would be unacceptable.

ajnotkeith

You can do that. You can even draw pretty weak teams in Last 16 after you get past the groups. Highly dependent on draws like I've been saying in the last weeks.

Of course I'll be fuming if we get a good draw and we go out in groups. That would be unacceptable.
No, it is unacceptable if we go out no matter what draw we get, as we should at least be finishing 2nd in any group.

serghei

In theory, we should be getting a favorable draw as 1st seed, so the CL groups this season are likely to be a success for us.

Home of Barca Fans