8 - Pedri

vegitot

You can't change his mentality to be as fearless as Iniesta. He plays safe like Xavi wants everyone to. If only he were like Puig, but then he'd have been loaned or sold already.
Nah. Dembele could play whatever he wanted. Xavi had no problem.

It's hard to change Pedri's mentality as it's his 4th season here and nothing really change. I still have hope but big doubt.

Iniesta Ultra

Nah. Dembele could play whatever he wanted. Xavi had no problem.

It's hard to change Pedri's mentality as it's his 4th season here and nothing really change. I still have hope but big doubt.

Demb would dribble past defenders which panda rarely does, it's still safe. Even 'safer' for Demb to insha after dribbling since he can't tiki taka in tight space to find teammates.

Skalman

Even if he didn't embarrass anyone as the title suggest, the quality is steering you in the face, sorry if you cant see it. Two really bad decisions, otherwise a very good performance.

Iniesta Ultra

I've never seen his passes at

2:08
2:57
3:39

5:36 three consecutive krills to beat three defenders

amazing jumbo krill passes where no grass passes exist:

Last edited:

fergus90

Pedri was never going to be like Don Andres and quite frankly that’s a ridiculously high bar to expect to reach as Iniesta comfortably makes Barca’s greatest ever XI. The guy was pure magic.

Pedri still a top player in his own right and I’m sure will keep improving. Needs momentum though as injuries have been a constant theme since the beginning of his second season.

vegitot

Pedri was never going to be like Don Andres and quite frankly that’s a ridiculously high bar to expect to reach as Iniesta comfortably makes Barca’s greatest ever XI. The guy was pure magic.

Pedri still a top player in his own right and I’m sure will keep improving. Needs momentum though as injuries have been a constant theme since the beginning of his second season.
He can. But only if he can change his mentality, to be bold, agressive enough.

Gnidrologist

I think most of our players lack "boldness". It's something to do with weak mentality and loser streak of past years, where the entire franchise is demoralized by all then heavy humiliations and failed administrative hoopla on top of that. Even likes of DeJong, who is the most proactive player of the bunch, often hesitates, when he shouldn't. I saw in Atletico game a sequence, where first DeJong tried a shot outside the box and then Pedri off the rebound. Both shots were blocked, but this was a rare time i saw these two guys even indulge into attacking the goal straight forward, especially DJ, who gets into these positions quite often due to his sheer ability to drive forward and find himself a space. I hope sequences like that become more often and natural to these players, because all the timid passing around and hoping they can stretch the opposite side to allow cheap goals should be put to bed. Just be more aggressive and proactive, shoot at the fucking goal more often and some shot will go in or create rebounds that can be finished off by others. Hope Xavi understands that and Atleti game wasn't one off.

Iniesta Ultra

Last year Xavi said in presser forget what team we were facing said midfield was too difficult to pass through. He overtly implied our midfield players weren't skilled enough to find a way to use the midfield, obviously true for chihua but shouldn't apply to panda or gold retriever. Xavi, Iniesta, Busi would progress the ball in any situation, but now if a situation is deemed too dangerous then recycling ball is the only option. Ball retention at all costs for the most dull "scared" football possible.

Xavi's a cancer to our club. Embarrassment highest order he's made Real Madrid more interesting to watch.

The krill passes Iniesta made above in the box aren't difficult technical skills, it only requires fearlessness and teammates willing to enter the box regardless how little grass passing space exists.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Fantasy world some live in where over rated wee plebs like Puig were risk taking players who advanced ball well while Pedri is too scared to move ball forward and take risks.

Pure delusion as ever.

vegitot

Create some good chances and plays well in beginning. More freedom now to roam but he needs to do much more if he wants to take his game to next level.

Also i feel he gets tired quite easy now. Like he is always in battery safe mode.

vegitot

He's stagnated and potentially regressing compared to his level 2 years ago. Sad to see.
His passing is better now. But physicality is getting worse imo.

Mentality doesn't change. Still very same player he was in 2021. His role may change under Xavi (plays more advanced role now) but with same mentality. It's hard to impact the game if he can not change.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Where is the desire to win? Where is the desire to effect the game? He doesn't have the mentality of a muthafuckin' killer.

If one of his family members needed urgent surgery, your local liquor store could leave it's doors unlocked at night and it would still be safe. The best you would get out of Pedri is some wire fraud or some shit.

Iniesta Ultra

Where is the desire to win? Where is the desire to effect the game? He doesn't have the mentality of a muthafuckin' killer.

If one of his family members needed urgent surgery, your local liquor store could leave it's doors unlocked at night and it would still be safe. The best you would get out of Pedri is some wire fraud or some shit.

Reminds me middle school teenager playing Magic The Gathering never grew up to learn martial arts, arrested development.

The posters here who called Golden Barca choir boys or antiquated are just meatheads who never learned martial arts either.

Home of Barca Fans