8 - Pedri

vegitot

It's shame that he is great passer and can execute hard pass with both feets, yet doesn't have mentality to impact final third, to orchestrate team's attack. Look at that ham in Madrid, his passing ability is not as good as Pedri's, but his will to impact the game make him different, can make good passes/chances for his team.

If he can't change, then his role is only deep playing maker but imo, that's not his future role. His role here is a trequartista. But there are a lot to do.

BusiTheKing

He's only a valuable player under a narrow set of circumstances, i.e. when we're already in control, when the game is not too intense, and when the opponent defense is not too tight.

If we're not in control, then he won't do much to turn the game in our favor.

If the game is intense he will constantly be a few steps behind the rest.

If the opponent's defense is too tight, he's too risk averse and not aggressive enough to do what it takes to break through.

Only when we have comfortable possession of the ball and the game is sort of open, his skillset will make a difference.

mc_lovin

A real DM would help them all. Was hilarious to watch Frenkie, Gundogan or him trying to cover these spaces. Neither has the physical presence for that, but it’s not a weakness. They are CMs after all.

behindbrowneyes

I don't write him off. He was injured which totally destroyed his rhythm. He just needs games, games, games now. He shows every game some sick stuff and the rest will come again if he doesn't get another injury.

IIRC he has scored some clutch goals last season when did go well for the team.

CatalinR10

GBNd8IuXYAAQUJf

vegitot

Nice to see him with captain armband. Though i don't think Barca can go deep in UCL with current Pedri and the rest of midfield.

Home of Barca Fans