8 - Pedri

kattanib

Bunch of idiots who think they have a better understanding of the game than the actual national team mananger who selects the starting eleven

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

As one of his biggest critics, apart from the two missed chances, I thought he was very good. He keeps playing like that and the goals and assists will come.

Far more intense, purposeful and direct than he is when playing for Barca. If he could replicate his international performances in a Barca shirt, there would be far less room for complaint.

Messi983

He already played well for Barca after his return from injury.

Really his only problem is to stay fit, don't understand how anyone can doubt his quality.

vegitot

He has developed some attacking instincts. Good to see. However, he is still too restricted, limited.
And why does he always run forward, with his back against defender like a striker immediately when Spain have the ball?

Loki

The most important part for him is staying healthy. He has enough talent to make it to the elite level. But he musn't get injured again. Every injury throws him back for half a year. He needs to stay fit to gather enough stamina for 90 minutes and get the feeling again for difficult balls through the defense and work on his finish.

Maradona37

He's a real class player from what I have watched in the last three years - hopefully the injuries start to leave him behind, though you never can tell. He really can become a controller and a force for Barca and Spain. Barca are in a difficult position at the moment as you all know, but developing the younger players like him is paramount. He has such a great football IQ, exemplary technique and just needs players around him he can mix with and build chemistry with, as he has with Gavi and in the national team with Rodri and Ruiz. He gets into the box a fair bit too so I think he can score more goals.

I haven't watched La Liga regularly for several years, so you guys know better than me. But the bits I have seen, and the CL, and the international tournaments, he's a really talented young guy, and despite being overplayed when younger, he is still only 21. He still has a lot of time.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on in the remainder of this tournament. I am a big fan but he needs to stay fit.

Maradona37

Only Morata is on par or even worse than him. Olmo is probably starting against Germany.
Carrying an injury and actually did fairly well when he was on, but only Morata is worse than him. And, for that matter, Morata pressed really well in the second half and contributed to Spain being able to be so dominant. You're right about Olmo though, but that's all you're right about.

Edit - actually the sarcasm and condescension there was uncalled for. I apologise, Blanco. But I disagree that Pedri and Morata were useless today.

Last edited:

Blanco

Carrying an injury and actually did fairly well when he was on, but only Morata is worse than him. And, for that matter, Morata pressed really well in the second half and contributed to Spain being able to be so dominant. You're right about Olmo though, but that's all you're right about.

:sleep:
Pedri lost the ball for Georgia’s goal, then lost the ball 5-6 more times in the first half. Second half started and after 2 mins he lost it again and Kvara almost scored from the centre of the field. Then De La Fuente said enough and take him out in the 50th min. But yeah he is probably playing better than Fabian and Rodri who are playing way behind him, both of them helping with progressing the ball much more and on top of that they are scoring and assisting. Or maybe he is playing better than Nico and Yamal? 😀

Home of Barca Fans