9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I know it's his first season and that adjusting is hard, but goddammit he's supposed to be a world class player, he simply can't be this ineffective...

F

Flavia

It's his 1st season. I think he's improving. Just for making space for Messi is worth to have him.

M

matheusemp

It's his 1st season. I think he's improving. Just for making space for Messi is worth to have him.
I dont think there is the problem, a 28 years old player(turno this month) who clearly cant pass or shoot because of inexperience? Rakitic was also signed this season and is playing on a much higher level

JamDav1982

I dont think there is the problem, a 28 years old player(turno this month) who clearly cant pass or shoot because of inexperience? Rakitic was also signed this season and is playing on a much higher level

He can finish - he has shown that at every club he has been at and on the intl level.

He can pass and is second only to Messi in assists in much less minutes. Even tonight when he had a poor game he set up a few chances.

Rakitic has not been even better than Suarez this season. He has only really picked up the last few games.

M

matheusemp

He can finish - he has shown that at every club he has been at and on the intl level.

He can pass and is second only to Messi in assists in much less minutes. Even tonight when he had a poor game he set up a few chances.

Rakitic has not been even better than Suarez this season. He has only really picked up the last few games.
He obviously can, but until now, he hasnt showed anything

Assists?you looking like a penaldo fan, shooting numbers .. His assists were pure lucky and even sometimes it was the lack of skill, like today, neymar pass he cant control and boom a assist

Richard.H

All I know is one thing: If he starts performing like he usually did for Liverpool/Uruguay, we will be serious contenders for La Liga and UCL.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He's done everything well except for the finishing, and some bad technique at times. He seems a bit rusty, but I'm sure that'll improve with time.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

Well yeah, but that's not what we paid 80+ million for... Besides, Pedro and/or Alexis (if used properly) could also be making space for Messi...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Of course it's great that he makes space for Leo, but you don't buy a 70M player to make space. Let's be honest; most of his assists have been flukes, his first touch is like he has a wooden leg, his finishing and technique leaves a lot to be wished and the only really good thing is that he hasn't biten anybody yet. I know he can be deadly, we've all seen it in Pool' - but right now he's very underwhelming and definitively not even worth half of what we paid for him in terms of output.

Richard.H

Well yeah, but that's not what we paid 80+ million for... Besides, Pedro and/or Alexis (if used properly) could also be making space for Messi...

There's such a big difference between Alexis/Pedro and Suarez that it's not even worth mentioning the 3 in the same sentence. Defenders are 10 times more scared of Suarez than Alexis/Pedro.

Just look at the amount of space Messi had this match. Defenders didn't triple team Messi since they were also man-marking Suarez. This is different from last year, where defenders didn't give a crap about both Pedro/Alexis. Plus they mostly hugged the touchline anyway.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
There's such a big difference between Alexis/Pedro and Suarez that it's not even worth mentioning the 3 in the same sentence. Defenders are 10 times more scared of Suarez than Alexis/Pedro.

Just look at the amount of space Messi had this match. Defenders didn't triple team Messi since they were also man-marking Suarez. This is different from last year, where defenders didn't give a crap about both Pedro/Alexis. Plus they mostly hugged the touchline anyway.

Hence, the "used properly" part... And if Suárez finishing doesn't improve, defenders might as well just stop man marking him, making him useless...

In order to keep making spaces, he has to actually be a threat for opposition players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans