9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

André

So many succes supporters in the forum. People forget that Suarez is playing less than 3 months for Barca and he shows in big games that he is a great asset to the team. Give the guy time to addapt to the system and win his conifidence back. I have no doubts that Luis is great buy for Barca, player what Barca missed for long time.

yeah, watch Suarez score against Atleti and everyone here will praise him. then he will play poor against Cordoba and the same people will say he is a flop. Barca fans logic. Sorry but this is damn true for some cules, not only on this forum. and i'm sick of it. this happened with alexis, neymar, even fucking messi, rakitic, iniesta etc.

barcanuck

Remember how God awful Henry finishing was in his first season or even neyboy last year in his first. However Titi or ney didn't get this many assists.

Suarez is going to score over 20 goals for us easily every year and provide 20 assist.

SeloBarca

You can fault Suarez's individual actions (his finishing can be akin to an off form Benzema, his dribbling/passing comparable to an off form Di Maria) but you can't fault his contribution to the team in general.

Messi's most amazing run of form since early 2013 has been after the inclusion of Suarez into the side, as a direct result of what Suarez does. Suarez's presence allows Messi to roam on the right and link up with Alves, one of his best weapons. Suarez has provided a number of goalscoring chances or assists to Messi. Suarez's various runs and movements create space for Messi to attack channels at will instead of being static the way he was in both Tito's/Tata's systems as the lone 'central' outlet. Suarez has also been key to unlocking the most cohesive and dangerous front three unit we've had since MVP (2011, 4 years ago). All 3 link up well and create chances for each other, greatly facilitating our best player (Messi).

One can make an easy general claim that "Alexis also provides workrate/movement" but if you were to ask Messi which player helps him perform better of the two I can practically guarantee he'd say Suarez. Alexis's attacking movement was more peripheral than Suarez's is and he wasn't exactly creating space for others by doing it. He was just getting into good positions for his own chances (which he'd either fluff or score confidently, depending on his form). Pedro is more of a support player than Alexis was and yet he doesn't even facilitate things for his teammates as much as Suarez does.

I fully agree that Suarez is not performing up to the level that he's capable of (he can be much more clinical/refined in practically every aspect) but there's no way you can belittle his importance.

Well said. Football is much more then just goals

F

Flavia

Am I seeing things, or did someone really suggest Diego Costa would be a better fit for Barça, then Suarez?
He surely has showed that for spain, right?

Kohe321

You can fault Suarez's individual actions (his finishing can be akin to an off form Benzema, his dribbling/passing comparable to an off form Di Maria) but you can't fault his contribution to the team in general.

Messi's most amazing run of form since early 2013 has been after the inclusion of Suarez into the side, as a direct result of what Suarez does. Suarez's presence allows Messi to roam on the right and link up with Alves, one of his best weapons. Suarez has provided a number of goalscoring chances or assists to Messi. Suarez's various runs and movements create space for Messi to attack channels at will instead of being static the way he was in both Tito's/Tata's systems as the lone 'central' outlet. Suarez has also been key to unlocking the most cohesive and dangerous front three unit we've had since MVP (2011, 4 years ago). All 3 link up well and create chances for each other, greatly facilitating our best player (Messi).

One can make an easy general claim that "Alexis also provides workrate/movement" but if you were to ask Messi which player helps him perform better of the two I can practically guarantee he'd say Suarez. Alexis's attacking movement was more peripheral than Suarez's is and he wasn't exactly creating space for others by doing it. He was just getting into good positions for his own chances (which he'd either fluff or score confidently, depending on his form). Pedro is more of a support player than Alexis was and yet he doesn't even facilitate things for his teammates as much as Suarez does.

I fully agree that Suarez is not performing up to the level that he's capable of (he can be much more clinical/refined in practically every aspect) but there's no way you can belittle his importance.

Great post, I completely agree with you here.

The thing to not forget about Suarez' movement compared to that of "any 20-30m striker", is that his top level is so well known that he gets a lot of respect from defenders, so they have to track him constantly and not let him slip. This creates space. Even when he's this out of form in finishing, everyone knows that if you let him slip into the space he's constantly attacking unmarked, chances are he will score (like against Atletico). Defenders know this, and this respect they have for him combined with his very good movement creates so much space for Messi and the others.

People should calm down, it's obvious that his top level is far above what he showed yesterday. He had a bad night on top of being out of form lately, so what. He's bound to improve soon, remember he hasn't even played from the beginning of the season like the others, and even while being rusty I feel he's been a great addition to the team and has added a lot in the few months he's played.

M

matheusemp

Am I seeing things, or did someone really suggest Diego Costa would be a better fit for Barça, then Suarez?
Is not his fault that spain NT is horrible at the moment, and still he doesnt have a horrible record of 29 shoots and 2 gols as suarez does

M

matheusemp

Dont get me wrong guys, i like suarez(i really do), and i also want his sucess as every barça fan should ,its just frustating when messi or neymar do an amazing dribble and pass to suarez and he just cant pass back or finish, he just kills the attack every time, he clearly need to improve.
I hope he gets better and play awesome against atleti

G

Gasgas

With respect to that person, costa could only dream of being as good as suarez

F

Flavia

Is not his fault that spain NT is horrible at the moment, and still he doesnt have a horrible record of 29 shoots and 2 gols as suarez does

That's not the problem. Costa here would do really, really badly. He's doesn't have the profile of forward that does well at Barça.

This, so much.

M

matheusemp

Who already played football knows that argument is false, every good players can adapt his style, neymar in brazil for example, he plays in a very different way, so you cant really say that costa wouldnt be good here until he is tested, because even the costa has changed some of his style on Chelsea

F

Flavia

Who already played football knows that argument is false, every good players can adapt his style, neymar in brazil for example, he plays in a very different way, so you cant really say that costa wouldnt be good here until he is tested, because even the costa has changed some of his style on Chelsea

Yeah... it's so easy to adapt to Barça's style. Ibra, Alexis and Cesc all agree with you :pep:

Costa with Spain shows how he doesn't fit in a possesion based system. He looked completely lost, whenever he played for Spain.

M

matheusemp

Yeah... it's so easy to adapt to Barça's style. Ibra, Alexis and Cesc all agree with you :pep:

Costa with Spain shows how he doesn't fit in a possesion based system. He looked completely lost, whenever he played for Spain.
And suarez does? He misses a 2m pass and shoots like a 10 years old ,just watch some of costa games, he isnt that kind of tap in striker..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vSjJLYpZQq8
At 1:50 for example or 3:04

Last edited:
F

Flavia

And suarez does? He misses a 2m pass and shoots like a 10 years old ,just watch some of costa games, he isnt that kind of tap in striker..
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vSjJLYpZQq8
At 1:50 for example

His finishing is hot and cold these days, he missed some sitters he usually don't. Anyone watching the games knows that. His 1st touch is a bit heavy as well, but he's adapting well, all things considered(his ban included). It's not like Suarez can't finish. Everyone knows what he is capable of. Costa with atletico and chelsea is one thing. With Spain, he's being surpassed by Paco. Costa is a great forward, but not for Barça.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans