9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Who cares about Verratti? Pedro also deserves to play a bit, and someone needs to get out. You're making it a fuss over nothing.

Between Suarez and Neymar, the most likely to lose it is Luis. Neymar also has a suspension next weekend, so it makes perfect sense to give some rest to Suarez.

Yet bitting incidents aside, ney got more RC and YC than him during his career.

http://fr.soccerway.com/players/neymar-da-silva-santos-junior/102697/

http://fr.soccerway.com/players/luis-suarez/2290/

And ney is a good couple of years younger.

So not so sure about that, really.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Yet bitting incidents aside, ney got more RC and YC than him during his career.

http://fr.soccerway.com/players/neymar-da-silva-santos-junior/102697/

http://fr.soccerway.com/players/luis-suarez/2290/

And ney is a good couples of year younger.

Are you really bringing statistics to this discussion? Makes no sense.

Luis could had gotten a 2nd yellow today, also. And he was arguing with the ref and the granada players, while Neymar was having a quiet game. No one was teasing him, nor he was teasing anyone.

All this, plus the fact Neymar won't play next weekend, and LE made the 100% right choice. I really don't get what your point is, anyway. I'll leave it at that.

jj_101

There's basically no reason for him to give the ball to Messi who's offside anyway. Also instead of shooting into the empty net he dribbled against the one Granada player. Why?

With Suarez you don't ask Why. It's a case of why not. Like when he dribbled through the entire Manchester United defense for Kuyt to tap in.

Bertus

I really don't get what your point is, anyway. I'll leave it at that.
My point was that Suarez had confidence problem given how many missed chances to score he had since he started here.

He was doing super good and it would have been, imo, a boost of confidence for him to finish this game on the pitch. And also, that stats are showing that despite looking like hot blooded chicken, he's not RCed that easily through his career so far.

And also, that subbing a player should not be linked to another one's fate (unless you do it to sub in a defender/midfielder when you're 10vs11 of course)

While I can give you some credits for the YC reason, I'm totally opposed to that mentality of subbing him because of neymar.

Last edited:

dakt

My point was that Suarez had confidence problem given how many missed chances to score he had since he started here.

He was doing super good and it would have been, imo, a boost of confidence for him to finish this game on the pitch. And also, that stats are showing that despite looking like hot blooded chicken, he's not RCed that easily through his career so far.

Agreed. I also think when someone is regaining his form, don't cut him out. Let him feed with confidence. Lucho is just stupid in that aspect.

JamDav1982

Are you really bringing statistics to this discussion? Makes no sense.

Luis could had gotten a 2nd yellow today, also. And he was arguing with the ref and the granada players, while Neymar was having a quiet game. No one was teasing him, nor he was teasing anyone.

All this, plus the fact Neymar won't play next weekend, and LE made the 100% right choice. I really don't get what your point is, anyway. I'll leave it at that.

100% agree.

Cant believe how much people are breaking down this substitution.

raskolnikov

I have never seen Suarez so selfless, he usually shoots in positions where he should pass. For example last year he scored when he went two on one with Sterling and scored for his hattrick?

Now he goes out of his way to pass it to Messi when he should shoot and score an easy goal. Yet in the game Ajax he went one vs one with neymar next to him and shot. Dont know if its confidence, lack of it or trying to get in Messi's good graces but all in all he is doing very well nowadays and im happy with his performance, quality player.

L

linetty

B-9FIeUU8AAk3EO.png

JamDav1982

I wouldnt be suprised if Lucho quite likes that reaction from the players coming off.

It seems he doesnt have any desire for the players to particularly like him or feel in a comfort zone thinking they perform better when off guard.

raskolnikov

Suarez had always been like this though, he never took a substitute well, more like an insult.
He hates it no matter what the reason is, in the ens at Ajax and Liverpool they stopped subbing him. Messi is the exact same, Neymar as well but not as bad as the other two.
Pedro is extremely professional in this regard.

kistedu

Daily Mail with hilarious article, Manchester City preparing bid of 100mil £ for Suarez.
They say as well that Luis have never settled in Barcelona.

What a joke from Daily Mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans