9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvia

He should be number 2 on the podium.

Actually I thought that too. His stat is really good considering he was out for the start of the season.
maybe he rarely shows the flash skills but it doesn't mean he doesn't know how to do it.
His skill is quite good at everything, dribble, nutmeg, delicate pass in front of goal etc
Though one thing must be considered, he wouldn't have that best performance at barca if he didn't rest for some months to recharge and ban for Uruguay national.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Some of the quotes I've seen supporters of other clubs saying in regards to Suarez in discussion forums over the past few years -

"Jelavic is better and costs less than him." - Everton fans
"Chicharito is way more effective and he costs less." - Man United fans
"Suarez is a poor man's Aguero." - Man City fans
"Diego Costa is much more complete than Suarez was." - Chelsea fans
"Gareth Bale is a level above Suarez." - Tottenham fans
"Wenger, you cheapskate." - Arsenal fans
"We don't need another forward who forces goals. We don't need that type of player. He's not worth £50m at all." - Real Madrid fans
the only ones that were not disillusioned :p

Darko

Why are y'all getting rustled, the Ballon d'or has been a joke for ages now, nothing but a popularity contest. How many players do you think actually watch Messi week in week out. They shouldn't allow players to vote at all.

Last edited:

jairzinho

How the feck is Ronaldo even on the podium. ??. What has he done thus far this season, and over the course of last season. Could someone enlighten me? i must have missed something.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Why are y'all getting rustled, the Ballon d'or has been a joke for ages now, nothing but a popularity contest. How many players do you think actually watch Messi week in week out. They shouldn't allow players to vote at all.
this^^

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How the feck is Ronaldo even on the podium. ??. What has he done thus far this season, and over the course of last season. Could someone enlighten me? i must have missed something.

Mate, Real Madrid had more players nominated for Balon than Barca this season.
Tells you everything you need to know about quality of that award.
Also, Busquets didn't even get nominated.

Drexl

If it was up to journalists, Sneijder would win in 2010. This is our world.

El Flaco

Mate, Real Madrid had more players nominated for Balon than Barca this season.
Tells you everything you need to know about quality of that award.
Also, Busquets didn't even get nominated.

It's because of Florentino Perez that Busi didn't wasn't nominated for the Ballon d'Or in the first place.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez's pressure meant that Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets didn't appear on the list for the Ballon d'Or.

Since January 2012, Perez has been a member of the committee in charge of deciding which 23 players make the shortlist for the coveted prize.

He is the only Spaniard on the committee and also the only club president.

And it seems his role on the said committee is to move pieces around in a bid to try and maximise Madrid's presence on the list... while also minimising Barça's.

This is what occurred last year, anyway, when Perez made sure Busquets wasn't granted a place on the 23-man list which was made public in October, as reported by 'Superdeporte'.

Reference

Galaxyman

This contest is a joke. 2 years in row Suarez gets screwed by mafia fifa...But knew this would happen...Ronaldo too much money from nike politics ect...Suarez 100% deserves to be there. He scored same amount of goals like neymar but had double the assists, but neymar comes from Brasil population 150+ million huge marketing, Suarez from uruguay smallest country 3 million. But Neymar is not the problem Penaldo has no right to be there what a joke insane politics. But Suarez is a warrior he will just dominate and let the game speak for itself..

Wow, that's a great point. I hadn't thought of that. Like, in terms of prestige/history, Uruguay is easily on par with Brazil. But in terms of marketing, tiny Uru has no chance in a FIFA corrupt world.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Ballon D'or is a joke really. Suarez is helping barca make history, he is the real team player. These are the kind of the players who make barca more than a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans