9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yahudi

Suarez was pretty good off the ball. Created crucial space during both goals.

Exactly. Both times Suarez drags the defenders with him, leavin Rakitic unmarked.

More than that, Suarez does something Barcelona has been missing since Eto'o: attacking the near post on crosses. Ever since Messi moved to false 9, most flank attacks ended in cutbacks to the penalty spot or tap-ins at the far post. Both methods are difficult to pull through against organized defenses. However, if you have another striker attacking the near post, you offer another pass option and bring confusion into an otherwise organized defensive structure.

Re-watch the Suarez goal against Rayo. He tells Munir to attack the area in front of the goalkeeper, thus dragging the defender out of position and leaving Suarez alone. Against Bate, Suarez does the same run and drags the entire defense to leave Rakitic's late run unmarked.

Co0ter

Criticism of Suarez' play only reveals how little of the game people understand

Comments like this make me :lol:

If I choose to criticize Suarez after his recent performances, that means I don't understand football?

I have every reason to criticize him because he's been sloppy with with both his touch AND passing while also bottling a multitude of opportunities. If you say otherwise, you are either blind or delusional.

Do I want to trade Suarez? Of course not. Is he vital for us regardless of him playing WELL BELOW his level...yes, yes he is. He is going to work hard for us regardless of his form, like his run opening space for Rakitic in the second goal vs Bate, that is who he is.

That doesnt change the fact that he is performing well below what he is capable of in many aspects of his game right now.

I will point it out, I will criticize him a bit. That doesnt change the fact that I 100% believe in him and that he'll turn it around because he's a warrior.

Barcafan 2304

If I choose to criticize Suarez after his recent performances, that means I don't understand football?

I have every reason to criticize him because he's been sloppy with with both his touch AND passing while also bottling a multitude of opportunities. If you say otherwise, you are either blind or delusional.

Do I want to trade Suarez? Of course not. Is he vital for us regardless of him playing WELL BELOW his level...yes, yes he is. He is going to work hard for us regardless of his form, like his run opening space for Rakitic in the second goal vs Bate, that is who he is.

That doesnt change the fact that he is performing well below what he is capable of in many aspects of his game right now.

I will point it out, I will criticize him a bit. That doesnt change the fact that I 100% believe in him and that he'll turn it around because he's a warrior.

Here here. All this business recently where if someone has the temerity to criticise, they are 'haters' or provoke an angry response. Just like anything else in life, we can critique and speak our mind. I don't know where all this crept in tbh

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

You must be delusional if you believe every scoring opportunity translates to a goal...Because otherwise there isn't a player on the planet, Leo included, who would be immune from that sort of criticism...You have to get into those positions and create those opportunities in the first place.

As it is, there isn't a striker in the world, Lewandowski included, who does more as a mobile #9 than Luis...And even in performances that are less than his best, he is creating space, chances and providing pressure that we've seen from a forward in all the time I've watched Barcelona - this dates back to Kluivert & Rivaldo as well

Don't be naive enough to assume that by criticism it translates to commenting on how the performance could've been better but Suarez has been fundamental in our performances, even when he doesn't score/assist...If you don't get that, if you don't see or appreciate that, then no you don't understand the game

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Where did he say that every opportunity translates to a goal?

Pointing out that Suarez has been wasteful isn't anything strange nor does it warrant such hostile replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
First, I never singled cooter out anymore than I did anyone else with my comment about juvenile criticisms directed at the player...particularly when you consider cooter hadn't been critical anyway

Second, even though cooter singled me out I only used the same language he used yet you deemed my post hostile

Seems like I am the one singled out, Bojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans