9 - Robert Lewandowski

Grande

I wouldnt say stat padding he scored in a lot of big games in cl, even when Bayern was loosing.

But Lewa rarely scored braces or hattricks in knockout stage games if i remember correctly thats why it didnt give Bayern a huge advantage. Sometimes when your team plays crap but a player scores a hattrick you can still win the tie (best example Moura vs Ajax)
He scored many goals in KO stages against teams like Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Chelsea, Tottenham and so on. I dont know how to explain why Lewandowski seems like a stat padder for many guys, but its probably because his playstyle is not as flashy like for example Neymar or Suarez playstyle.

Personally I dont expect flashy plays from players to be his fan. I admire Lewandowski positioning, people say hes scoring one goal only when team creates 3 good chances for him, but its not true. Those 3 created chances wouldn't end up as "good chances" if you swap Lewandowski for other striker. He is so good at "finding chances", he always have more chances than other strikers, you can say that its because he was playing for Bayern in Bundesliga, but that was also the case in Lech Poznan in Poland, in BVB in Germany and now in FC Barcelona in Spain.

Also, his finishing is top tier. Theres just something specific about Lewandowski that makes people think that his missed chances are proof for his bad finishing ability and when some fast cool flashy Mbappe is shooting at the birds in the air every game its just "unlucky" or "hard position to shoot properly". I dont know what makes Lewandowski's vibe seem like that, but hes top scoring almost every season since his first serious club - Lech Poznan in Poland. And I assure you, swap clubs between current Lewandowski and current Haaland, Lewandowski will outscore him. He is second best goalscorer in Europe top 5 leagues while playing for half injured FC Barcelona at 36 y/o lol.

Home of Barca Fans