9 - Robert Lewandowski

You know nothing about strikers, I bet in those 2 (2nd and 3rd goal) situations Mbappe would be offside 1-2 times :)
the striker needs to look out for the offside position but also needs to position himself in the right spot to let his colleague know where he wants the ball and be able to run and receive it (Lewa did that perfectly for the 2nd goal). Putting it in the back of the net seems the easiest part after that and the only part that most people notice unfortunately.

Raphinia’s run and pass delightful. Good to see that his understanding with Lewa is getting better and better!

El Ilusionista

Sorry I called you a donkey, Mister.

I must say Flick ball really suits him that fast direct play style suits him way better than Xavi ball where he was isolated most of the time.

KingLeo10

He’ll get clowned versus Bayern.

It’s a great start but he’s been feasting on the weak teams. Need this tractor to produce the goods in the big games.

There's a difference between "scoring" versus top teams and match winning performances.

Match winning is what he did v RM in 2013.

He just didn't do that sort of stuff often, even in his prime.
3 goals and 4 assist against Chalsea in 1/8 CL is not a tie winning performance? Hattrick against Bayern in German cup final is not a match winning performance? Hattricks against Borrusia in league or 2 goals against RBL also in cup final?
2 goals against Porto in 1/4 CL in Bayern stunning comeback where Bayern lost 1-3 in first match?

I can list more, maybe less spectacular, less match winning but very good performances.

Show me then that other strikers who are banging hattricks against Real Madrid or M City or Bayern regularly week by week
(apart from Messi & Ronaldo of course 😉)

KingLeo10

3 goals and 4 assist against Chalsea in 1/8 CL is not a tie winning performance? Hattrick against Bayern in German cup final is not a match winning performance? Hattricks against Borrusia in league or 2 goals against RBL also in cup final?
2 goals against Porto in 1/4 CL in Bayern stunning comeback where Bayern lost 1-3 in first match?

I can list more, maybe less spectacular, less match winning but very good performances.

Show me then that other strikers who are banging hattricks against Real Madrid or M City or Bayern regularly week by week

This guy really just named Chelsea 19/20 like they were elite opposition :lol: :lol:

Yes, Chelsea was 4th in Premier League as I can remember, and I count them as top4 in England back then. And I mentioned that tie not only because of Chelsea but because of knockout stage of CL and the fact that he was involved in all 7 goals in that tie.

I would mention their next opponent that season but would rather not 😉

Last edited:

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

People are obviously jesting about him winning the Ballon D'or. I think we will win LaLiga. Now, on the small chance that we add the UCL to that, then him winning the Ballon D'or is actually practically a given.

Imagine he won his first Ballon Dor at 37 years of age, playing for Barca, whilst everyone had nicknamed him the Polish Tractor all season. :lol::rofl1:

I, for one, would love to see it.

ajnotkeith

People are obviously jesting about him winning the Ballon D'or. I think we will win Laiga. Now, on the small chance that we add the UCL to that, then him winning the Ballon D'or is actually practically a given.

Imagine he won his first Ballon Dor at 37 years of age, playing for Barca, whilst everyone had nicknamed him the Polish Tractor all season. :lol::rofl1:

I, for one, would love to see it.
I mean, it's not impossible, because it's not like there are that many candidates anymore, it is up for grabs for anyone. As we already know the reputation of a player helps them to win it, so if this old Lewa has an amazing season its likely the voters will be drawn to him especially considering what happened a few years ago with his probable Ballondor being cancelled.

It will depend on what we win mainly, if we go far in UCL and win LaLiga, he will be up there in the rankings.

Home of Barca Fans