9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Its not really difficult to understand, is it?

Xavi was like the ultimate poster-boy for the holier than thou-attitude of Barcelona during their glory days, "grass wasn't the right length", "opposition didn't even try to play" and so on, whenever Barcelona couldn't get a favorable result, surely you know all about that.

Oh, how i would love for Barcelona to be reduced to the crossing-merchant they belittled others to be in the past(or whatever other "unpure" version of football that was wrong at the time), and nothing sweeter than it happening under Xavi of all people.

Wow, you are kind of sick and dark and obsessed in that regard, hmmm.

Nah, no matter how hard we try to cross etc., it still won't change the game that much, I wish we would or but we won't.

fergus90

Its not really difficult to understand, is it?

Xavi was like the ultimate poster-boy for the holier than thou-attitude of Barcelona during their glory days, "grass wasn't the right length", "opposition didn't even try to play" and so on, whenever Barcelona couldn't get a favorable result, surely you know all about that.

Oh, how i would love for Barcelona to be reduced to the crossing-merchant they belittled others to be in the past(or whatever other "unpure" version of football that was wrong at the time), and nothing sweeter than it happening under Xavi of all people.

We are still complaining about the grass now :lol:

In Frankfurt it quite frankly wasn't up to our standards. Match should be replayed.

Morten

Wow, you are kind of sick and dark and obsessed in that regard, hmmm.

Nah, no matter how hard we try to cross etc., it still won't change the game that much, I wish we would or but we won't.

Don't think you guy realize how Xavi was percieved at the time, outside of the football-pitch, he always came off as an insufferable guy, with a black and white-view of football.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Don't think you guy realize how Xavi was percieved at the time, outside of the football-pitch, he always came off as an insufferable guy, with a black and white-view of football.

I actually think it is a good thing that he is trying to adapt to changes, at least is perceived to be. Needs to do more in my opinion.

Morten

I actually think it is a good thing that he is trying to adapt to changes, at least is perceived to be. Needs to do more in my opinion.

I don't hate Xavi, so this is all good fun, just would be hilarious if all that talk in the past backfired on him.

That said, he has been more adaptive as a coach than as a player, good for him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

:lol: Imagine trying to put Lewa on the same scoring level as a prime Messi.

Messi at his attacking best offered 25-33% better attacking output than Lewa's best. The guy literally reached 90-115 G + A in some years while Lewa's best is around 70-75?

He'll score 30-40 goals for Barca in total if he joins us next season. Which is a very good output for the right wages.

40 goals would be a lot, think he will score around 30 which should be enough to win the la liga title

KingLeo10

Who will rank highest once their careers are over, Lewy, Benz or Suarez? For me, Suarez from 2010-2017 beats them.

Benzema if he wins this CL for RM will move into the A+ tier of strikers and be clearly better than Suarez or Lewa from this generation.

Temptation

Who will rank highest once their careers are over, Lewy, Benz or Suarez? For me, Suarez from 2010-2017 beats them.

Lewy and Suarez are a level above. Easily.

Benzema can never erase his meme years. He can give all excuses under the Sun about Cr7 or whatever but his finishing for a long time wasn't consistent enough for an elite striker. In all of Real's CL wins CR7, Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Marcelo were more vital than Benzema without any arguments. Benzema, Bale, Casemiro, Navas are probably up for debate.

Let's not forget that until 2 years back everybody considered Aguero and Zlatan above Benzema from this generation. But now, Benzema has ARGUABLY surpassed these 2 fair enough.

Another thing would be the massive mistake Benzema committed to stupidly ruin his own National Team career.

Recency bias might cloud judgements but the overall career numbers and individual achievements are right there for all to see. In the beestestest season of his life Benzema has 25 La Liga goals, Suarez had 40.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Lewy and Suarez are a level above. Easily.

Benzema can never erase his meme years. He can give all excuses under the Sun about Cr7 or whatever but his finishing for a long time wasn't consistent enough for an elite striker. In all of Real's CL wins CR7, Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Marcelo were more vital than Benzema without any arguments. Benzema, Bale, Casemiro, Navas are probably up for debate.

Let's not forget that until 2 years back everybody considered Aguero and Zlatan above Benzema from this generation. But now, Benzema has ARGUABLY surpassed these 2 fair enough.

Another thing would be the massive mistake Benzema committed to stupidly ruin his own National Team career.

Recency bias might cloud judgements but the overall career numbers and individual achievements are right there for all to see. In the beestestest season of his life Benzema has 25 La Liga goals, Suarez had 40.

Suarez has 12-13 CL KO goals in his career in 7 seasons while Benz has 9 (and counting) in 1 season. And I believe 26-27 over his career.

Suarez clearly the better striker for league, but Benz's CL exploits are above Suarez's and Lewandowski's for that matter (quality wise when it comes to Lewa. Benz destroys big teams more often in CL KOs while the last time Lewa really destroyed top opposition in CL was 10 years ago v RM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans