9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm not sure I agree based on their first couple years. Lost Alaba for free, Boateng for free, losing Sule for free, looking like losing Tolliso for free, Gnabry entering the final year of his deal too, didn't replace Thiago and spent the most money ever on a manager.

Bought Omar Richards, Bouna Sarr and Douglas Costa, spent over the odds for Sane who barely resembles a professional footballer when he's not playing well, Gravernbach looks good but he's 19 and only played Eredivise at this point.

Historically they have recovered but Brazzo looks very questionable and this is their first transition with Hoeness and Rummeneige.

Don't get me wrong domestically they're powerful and will remain so. In Europe, I think they're starting to fall behind and in the last couple of years they're transfer activity hasn't looked anything special.

Of those ones they have lost and will lose soon, I only think Alaba was a bad decision (and perhaps to a certain degree Suele), but Bayern was smart in a way that they needed to maintain their wage structure, which is something that had kept them afloat and healthy for so many years, but also I think it is something that they too, will have to change and adapt to, given the new reality of free agents and ballooning wages etc. Suele perhaps, I am not totally convinced about him and I do think Bayern has enough quality CBs (Hernandez, Upamecano, Pavard and the kid Nianzou) to cover that spot. Boateng was declining, it was good from their perspective to let him leave. Tolisso we have discussed before, the guy spent more time being injured than actually playing, and even in his heydays he wasn't as half as good as Javi Martinez, I felt. Sarr is a bust but was intended as a squad player I think, Richards still might make it, we will see.

Having said that, I am with you on the many complaints Bayern fans had with both Brazzo and Kahn and I hope they will stay that way :p, but I am not banking on them continuing to bumble their way into managing their club. I certainly hope.

My point is we must not aid Bayern in any way, shape or form.

Temptation

Javi Martinez: "I spoke to Lewy, he believes he would have won multiple Ballon d ors uf he was in Spain. That's why he wants to try. He has the feeling that he definitely deserved the Ballon d or. Does he prefer Real or Barca? I think there's a possibility that he goes to Barca. I'll call and ask him tomorrow"

This sounds like a [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION] quote!!

Temptation

Bayern Insider Podcast:

We've heard that Lewandowski definitely wants to leave but Bayern don't want to let him go. Barcelona are offering Lewandowski well over ?30 mil gross which is making Bayern very nervous.

Yup, Barca will increase his wages too.

Temptation

I'm not sure I agree based on their first couple years. Lost Alaba for free, Boateng for free, losing Sule for free, looking like losing Tolliso for free, Gnabry entering the final year of his deal too, didn't replace Thiago and spent the most money ever on a manager.

Bought Omar Richards, Bouna Sarr and Douglas Costa, spent over the odds for Sane who barely resembles a professional footballer when he's not playing well, Gravernbach looks good but he's 19 and only played Eredivise at this point.

Historically they have recovered but Brazzo looks very questionable and this is their first transition without Hoeness and Rummenigge.

Don't get me wrong domestically they're powerful and will remain so. In Europe, I think they're starting to fall behind and in the last couple of years they're transfer activity hasn't looked anything special.

Brilliant post. Very well informed writing. :)

Rassvet

Javi Martinez: "I spoke to Lewy, he believes he would have won multiple Ballon d ors uf he was in Spain. That's why he wants to try. He has the feeling that he definitely deserved the Ballon d or. Does he prefer Real or Barca? I think there's a possibility that he goes to Barca. I'll call and ask him tomorrow"

This sounds like a [MENTION=23192]Messigician[/MENTION] quote!!

I’m liking his mentality. He will play like a man possessed and be desperate for goals/honors if he does make the move.

Andresito

Staff member
We should be looking after ourselves and not care if we 'aid' Bayern or not.

Lewandowski will bring around 40 goals for Barcelona and 40 goals less for Bayern.
He happens to cost us 30m for that. For 30m we're not getting a great long term CF.
So either we have to buy a tier 2-3 striker like Jesus and realize we'll have to spend again in a couple of years, or gamble with a lesser known CF, which is an even bigger risk of having to spend again.

Either way, we spend 30m now, and will have to do it again soon. With Lewa at least we're as close to guaranteed goals as possible on paper.
He'll function as a stop gap allowing us to compete short term during a time where we can't splash 70m on a striker.

Temptation

I’m liking his mentality. He will play like a man possessed and be desperate for goals/honors if he does make the move.

He has the best mentality that's why he never has off seasons. He's coming to the La Liga to win more individual awards and break some scoring records. Most of the time he doesn't even celebrate his teammates' goals. Very driven professional.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Yeah, I'd rather sign Lewy for 30m than Jesus for 30m without hesitation, even though Jesus is about 9 years younger.

If Lewy does come, hope he's on reasonable wages and a short contract.

He has the best mentality that's why he never has off seasons. He's coming to the La Liga to win more individual awards and break some scoring records. Most of the time he doesn't even celebrate his teammates' goals. Very driven professional.

Not liking this part of Lewy though.

Morten

There are no scoring records to be had here though, except some obscure "most goals by a polish player since year x" or whatever, Messi and Ronaldo basically got them all.

Speaking of record, a big one would be to stay at Bayern and take the all-time top scorer award away from Muller.

Temptation

There are no scoring records to be had here though, except some obscure "most goals by a polish player since year x" or whatever, Messi and Ronaldo basically got them all.

Speaking of record, a big one would be to stay at Bayern and take the all-time top scorer award away from Muller.

Goals in a league season. He once said in an interview that he'd love a 38 game season in La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans