9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidane82

Lewandowski has arrived back in Munich WITHOUT his family - who remain in Spain.
Lewandowski does not want a clash with Bayern. He's hoping the club would reach an agreement with Barcelona in the coming days. Meanwhile, within the team, Nagelsmann and the players are unsure how to deal with Lewandowski once he returns. Everyone considers him gone [@BILD]

Zidane82

🚨🚨✅| Robert Lewandowski to FC Barcelona is closer than ever. Bayern Munich have agreed to let him leave for ?50M fixed.
@sanantheone [🥇]

?
❗️Barcelona have sent a ?50m fixed bid to Bayern Munich for Lewandowski.

? @BorekMati

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This club truly never learns, no matter who is in charge. After the fiasco of the yester years and so much money spent on big ticket players down the drain and now we are getting this oldie on extremely high salary (fuck our salary room, I guess), who will drain our resources and might not add much to our play.

Bartomeu, Laporta, whoever, they are all the same. This club deserves to be dominated by the fucking Madrid. I give up.

Co0ter

To be honest. After spending 150mil on Coutinho and 120mil on Griezman, 110mil on Lewandowski and Raphinha doesnt seem so bad, although we are definitely overpaying a little for each.

Last winter if I had a choice between 50mil for Torres and 50mil for Lewa, it would of been tough but I probably would have sided with youth. In hindsight, 50mil for Lewa would of been 100x better.

30-35mil for him would of been fair and acceptable. In reality, our best move would of been to sell Auba for some cash, bring in Lewa then sign Luis Suarez as back up on a free. Suarez probably still wants to play though.

Joan

To be honest. After spending 150mil on Coutinho and 120mil on Griezman, 110mil on Lewandowski and Raphinha doesnt seem so bad, although we are definitely overpaying a little for each.

All depends on how they turn out for us. If Coutinho had gone on to become the best AM in the world, we would've never mentioned the price again. Same for Griezmann. On the other hand, if Lewa was indeed too old and Raphinha another average winger, it would be a disaster considering the situation we're in.

Co0ter

All depends on how they turn out for us. If Coutinho had gone on to become the best AM in the world, we would've never mentioned the price again. Same for Griezmann. On the other hand, if Lewa was indeed too old and Raphinha another average winger, it would be a disaster considering the situation we're in.

I agree we need to be smart with our money, but what striker is out there and available for 50mil? Even if we take a punt on a young 23 year old striker, will he be good for more than 2-3 years for us? Lewa is as close to a safe bet as it gets, and other than injury we can rest assured he will produce for likely 2 seasons.

Will he be an improvement enough over Auba to warrant 50mil? Not sure. To me, selling Auba to fund Lewa made more sense. They will both want to start and both arent strong on the wing. And we'll have Dembele, Torres, Ansu and Raphinha on wings...not to mention Depay and Braithwaite. I know they would sell some of them if they could, but in reality they cant and wont. We have too many other vital areas to reinforce, primarily fullbacks. Alonso and Azi in their 30s isnt the answer, the age especially worrisome in that particular position.

It doesnt make sense to me.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
At the end of the day he is still the best striker in the world. More reasonable than splashing 120m+ on Coutinho or Griezmann. Has no resale value but we did not get any of that for those two did we

Sooke

Barcelona is waiting to activate the second leverage from the sale of 15% of their TV rights. That will bring us 405 mil. As soon as the money are in the bank, we are going to sign Lewandowski. He is aware of the situation and is calmly waiting .

Mitchell1978

Yeah .. signing the best scorer in world football

So sad

spending that kind of money on a almost 34 year old player who played for a club that was a big rival and humiliated barca the last couple of seasons, money that they don't have to barely stay competitive
yes i find that pathetic

Barcilliant

The point is Auba was serviceable for another season. The defence requires major work. We need quality full backs and another cb. Yet, we are obsessed with signing a 34 year old CF. It's a big gamble and if it doesn't work out we will be back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans