9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

He better live up to the hype or else I'm going to asking [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION] for them receipts and handing him Ls :mou:

FinBarcelonafan

I think it is not that unrealistic to get 3 top class seasons out of Lewandowski.

He will probably press less, but the scoring instincts and his football IQ would allow him to get 25 goals at 36 without much problems.

Suarez was still crucial for Atletico with one leg. I think Lewa has enough quality to be good in LaLiga at 36. CL might be different story though.

JamDav1982

I think it is not that unrealistic to get 3 top class seasons out of Lewandowski.

He will probably press less, but the scoring instincts and his football IQ would allow him to get 25 goals at 36 without much problems.

It is about more than just goals.

Suarez was still getting goals but couldnt do a lot of the basics in pressing and moving off the ball that had impact on team.

When going to be paying a huge amount on the books they need world class for it to be worthwhile.

Temptation

How many times will someone have to repeat this: when it comes to pace/speed in football people aren't talking about top speed, these are professional athletes they all literally have exceptional top speeds, they are talking about acceleration within the first few steps of a player's stride. That's what matters. That's what distinguishes prime Neymar from say, prime Busquets or Pique; acceleration.

On average just how much do you think a player covers per stride with and without the ball? 100m? No, about 5m-10m. That's why acceleration in football (and in other ball playing sports like Basketball, Tennis, Rugby etc) matters, strides only usually cover small distances.

Like I stated above. He's extremely quick off the mark too.

He reaches the cutbacks and crosses before the defenders even without a headstart. That helps him in getting the tapins.

So the quickness ain't useless.

Laplacian

Top speed / acceleration are highly correlated. Think of all the players considered fast in world football and if any of them have a low top speed.

But that's not the argument. The argument is the inverse of your final sentence, slow players (like Busquets and Pique) can have top speeds. Citing Lewandowski's top speed isn't a counter argument against claims of his lack of speed; though he isn't slow, anyone with an eye can see that Lewandowski isn't a rapid player.

Zidane82

Game changer ??

🚨| Lewandowski received several death threats via Social Media and hence, he decided to return to Munich alone, without his family. [@UEFAComPiotrK Via: @_BarcaInfo] #fcblive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans