9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackened

Lewandowski wont flop, thats for sure. But I dont think he'll score more than 20 goals in La Liga. A completely different team, league and worse team than he used to play for. Dont forget that Lewy got step by step more and more goals by the season. His debut season goal tally at Bayern? Not that good. From 2017-18 and onwards he really started to deliver. It takes time to settle down. And at 34, time is running out for him. He wont do much at Barca. His input will be similar than that of a Ruud Van Nistelroy when he joined Madrid.

BBZ8800

Suarez, rakitic, dani alves and david villa say hi to your bullshitting of star signings that flopped in first season.

In my explanation, I have added different factors which make it easier or harder to adapt to a new club, for example:
1. Age
2. Nationality. For South American/Latin players, it is easier to fit into La Liga than let's Bundesliga.
English and Scandinavian players usually fit better into English run and gun + physical football than to La Liga which is more South American-technical based
3. Further, already playing in that league. Like Rakitic, Dani Alves, Villa.
Unlike Cou, Dembele or Lewa
4. there are tons of other personal factors.
But imo, people are on clouds here.
We bought a 34 year old player who never played in Latino-technical based leagues.
Messi turned into a ghost in only 12 Months.
Why? Age + new league, different type of football, a team built in a different way than at Barca.
You are putting too much hope that Lewa is the next Zlatan and Cr7 in terms of longetivity.

I am not saying that Lewa is bad.
I would have him here.
But for 10-20m.
Yet, some rumors say that we are lying again and that we actually paid 65m, as always.
That we are cheating on numbers, payments etc.

Temptation

In my explanation, I have added different factors which make it easier or harder to adapt to a new club, for example:
1. Age
2. Nationality. For South American/Latin players, it is easier to fit into La Liga than let's Bundesliga.
English and Scandinavian players usually fit better into English run and gun + physical football than to La Liga which is more South American-technical based
3. Further, already playing in that league. Like Rakitic, Dani Alves, Villa.
Unlike Cou, Dembele or Lewa
4. there are tons of other personal factors.
But imo, people are on clouds here.
We bought a 34 year old player who never played in Latino-technical based leagues.
Messi turned into a ghost in only 12 Months.
Why? Age + new league, different type of football, a team built in a different way than at Barca.
You are putting too much hope that Lewa is the next Zlatan and Cr7 in terms of longetivity.

I am not saying that Lewa is bad.
I would have him here.
But for 10-20m.
Yet, some rumors say that we are lying again and that we actually paid 65m, as always.
That we are cheating on numbers, payments etc.

Zlatan's longevity is in itself overrated af. He has numerous injuries and has missed many games.

Longevity is not just lasting long or retiring late. It's playing a healthy volume of gsmes and delivering.

I'd say someone like Benzema or Modric has aged way better than Zlatan.

I'd be very disappointed if Lewy misses that many games.

BBZ8800

Lewandowski is way closer to Suarez than to Coutinho, Dembele or Griezmann imo.

I remember Fcs who made transfers after 30:
Sheva from Milan to Chelsea. Disaster
Rivaldo from Barca to Milan. Bad
Ronaldinho from Barca to Milan. Finished
Henry from Arsenal to Barca. Meh in the first season.
Larsson and Aguero to Barca: injured all the time.
Stoichkov from Barca to Parma. Disaster

Only Zlatan kept his form to some extent, but turned into a poacher.
And Etoo was good.
Even Cr7 declined a lot after Real.
Messi almost retired.

Those are top Fcs in the last 20-25 years who moved to new countries after 30.
Not too many happy stories as this forum predicts with 40 goals for Lewa in his first season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Just look at how many shots Bayern usually had in a game and how many shots we did. I don't have data on chances created, I'd think we are well below Bayern's numbers too there.

To assume Lewandowski will score a lot of goals here, 20 or 30 more etc. is just a wishful thinking, in my opinion.

Devils

This guy has been a goal fiend no matter where he's been. Even his scoring records with Poland are impressive given the quality of their team.

He'll score 40+ easily here next season with Raphina and Dembouz supplying him.

serghei

Lol, Lewa was coached by Mr. Tiki Taka Pep himself and delivered right away from day one. He's not coming from Hull City to Barca to take years to get used to :lol:.

Lewa can only be one of the next three things for a period of 2 seasons minimum.

Good, great, or world class.

Temptation

I remember Fcs who made transfers after 30:
Sheva from Milan to Chelsea. Disaster
Rivaldo from Barca to Milan. Bad
Ronaldinho from Barca to Milan. Finished
Henry from Arsenal to Barca. Meh in the first season.
Larsson and Aguero to Barca: injured all the time.
Stoichkov from Barca to Parma. Disaster

Only Zlatan kept his form to some extent, but turned into a poacher.
And Etoo was good.
Even Cr7 declined a lot after Real.
Messi almost retired.

Those are top Fcs in the last 20-25 years who moved to new countries after 30.
Not too many happy stories as this forum predicts with 40 goals for Lewa in his first season.

Even with the decline CR7 is giving you 30 a season which is still very good.

Temptation

Some people thinking they're getting a poacher will be pleasantly surprised.

He basically plays number 10 drifting to the left in a one man attack for Poland.

BBZ8800

Even with the decline CR7 is giving you 30 a season which is still very good.

Cr7 is with Messi the greatest footballer or scorer of all time, winning numerous CLs.

Lewa somehow emerged in the last 2 years as some killer, when Messi and Cr7 declined and now with revisionism we are suddenly placing Lewa in the same bracket with Cr7.

I know that people need hope and everything.
But this sounds like Cryptobros to the Moon on Reddit.

It sounds as if we bought a player who is on a level of 27 years old Cr7.

fergus90

Cr7 is with Messi the greatest footballer or scorer of all time, winning numerous CLs.

Lewa somehow emerged in the last 2 years as some killer, when Messi and Cr7 declined and now with revisionism we are suddenly placing Lewa in the same bracket with Cr7.

I know that people need hope and everything.
But this sounds like Cryptobros to the Moon on Reddit.

It sounds as if we bought a player who is on a level of 27 years old Cr7.

He's scored 40 goals a season for the last seven years. Also scored bucket loads for Dortmund. He's not just emerged as some killer has he.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans