9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyAddict

People are on drugs, totally lost their heads.

Each player is unique, but since 2000 at Barca:
1. Only around 30% of signings reached expectations
2. At least 70-80% of new signings struggle in their first season at Barca and even if they click later on, usually their first season is the weakest one
3. Out of star signings in the last few years: Arda, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Frenkie, Ferran = majority flopped or were meh at best.
But, as always = people think it will be different this time.
Just like with any new La Masia kid. The new kid is always "better" than 1001 others who flopped in the last 20 years.

Our team from the last season was nothing special and now we added a few players, who's impact will be questionable, as always.

I am usually on the negative side.
This team stands no chance in a CL.
We might fight for La Liga though if Lewa will bang goals.
Longterm, we won't get too much from Lewa and let's hope that we'll get some star power in Raphinha.

Imo, even though La Masia fans want a team and not fancy names, this club was always the best when we had a nice team paired with 2-3 superstars (usually attackers) with insane quality as cherry on top of that team.

Currently, inspite for blind faith in Fati, Pedri, Gavi, our team overal is nothing special and we have nothing from a star power.
We might get Lewa for 1 season, and that is a huge if.

This is why my biggest hope is Raphinha.

I Agree with you on almost everything but I think Lewa will bang goals just because he is and will be a Killer... Something must go terribly wrong with the team for him not to score.

This applies to LaL. In UCL Barca has no f* chance...

Btw. The great ? Is how sill our attack fit in with all this new players

Kul_z

People are on drugs, totally lost their heads.

Each player is unique, but since 2000 at Barca:
1. Only around 30% of signings reached expectations
2. At least 70-80% of new signings struggle in their first season at Barca and even if they click later on, usually their first season is the weakest one
3. Out of star signings in the last few years: Arda, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Frenkie, Ferran = majority flopped or were meh at best.
But, as always = people think it will be different this time.
Just like with any new La Masia kid. The new kid is always "better" than 1001 others who flopped in the last 20 years.

Our team from the last season was nothing special and now we added a few players, who's impact will be questionable, as always.

I am usually on the negative side.
This team stands no chance in a CL.
We might fight for La Liga though if Lewa will bang goals.
Longterm, we won't get too much from Lewa and let's hope that we'll get some star power in Raphinha.

Imo, even though La Masia fans want a team and not fancy names, this club was always the best when we had a nice team paired with 2-3 superstars (usually attackers) with insane quality as cherry on top of that team.

Currently, inspite for blind faith in Fati, Pedri, Gavi, our team overal is nothing special and we have nothing from a star power.
We might get Lewa for 1 season, and that is a huge if.

This is why my biggest hope is Raphinha.

Suarez, rakitic, dani alves and david villa say hi to your bullshitting of star signings that flopped in first season. Out of those only coutinho had clear position but he still doesnt know if he plays interior, left winger, false 9, 10, or whatever the fuck he wants to play.

Barto fucking ruined us after getting ney money, no signing had particular sense

Im optimistic with us putting the fight against anyone now that we have much clearer roles in the squad. We have depth. Not expecting to win cl but hopefully we can be in the mix.

MTL_Barca

Lewandowski is way closer to Suarez than to Coutinho, Dembele or Griezmann imo.

He ain't a one season wonder, no mental midget, doesn't have to adapt to a completely different style, doesn't have to play a different position or role. He can just do what he does best, score goals, that's it.

Even Arsenal reject Aubameyang showed what difference a natural goal scorer can make for our team.

His age his a legit concern especially considering the cost and that's why i'm still not too euphoric about this transfer, but a lot of things would need to go wrong for Lewandowski to not do his job here. Big question is how long he can do it on his current level.

Last edited:

malvolio

If a half-retired Suarez managed to drag Atletico to a Liga title, I would expect Lewandowski to challenge Benzema for Pichichi.

He should be good for 2 seasons and by that time we will find a suitable replacement.

Otherwise I agree with what BBZ said. People are going overboard by overrating our attack and squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans