9 - Robert Lewandowski

Joan

Think you summed it up pretty well overall.

What is your opinion on van Basten? How does he compare to Nazario? Couldn't play Football after 28 and still had 3 B d ors.

This is a though one for me as I followed Ronaldo's career closely and was too young for van Basten's. But van Basten is still one of my favorite players and saw plenty of his matches later. When I think of an ideal striker, I see him. Incredibly elegant, he just felt at home at the pitch. He was a more complete striker than Ronaldo, better at headers, better at playing with his back to the goal. Could say better at strikers' basics. But Ronaldo was just an incredible athlete before his injuries, pace, explosiveness, out of this world dribbling, scoring for fun. Different players for me. One was more of a team player, the other a one man army.

Blackened

Not even joking when I say that this guy might be the greatest 9 in FC Barcelona history.

Amazing how quick peoples attention spans are these days and how the easily the past gets forgotten. So after a couple of games, including the most recent one, where he scored twice against freaking Valladolid, he is now better than Luis Suarez? Go watch Suarez`s first two seasons here, including the Champions League. Performances againt Man City (Pellegrini one, yes, but still full of talent), PSG, Bayern, Atletico and you name it.... that`s what they call "world class". Not to mention his countless goals against Real in Classicos. It truely is amazing how people just refer to everything that happened before as "nostalgia" or whatever. Luis "El Pistolero" Suarez from 2010-2017 was pure 100% dynamite. Lewy, as good and clinical as he is, isnt at that level.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Reckon how many goals he will score in all competitions next season? I am banking on 40 at least.

Same here. 40 at least.

�� No waaaay.

30 max in all competitions. People are underestimating how open the Bundesliga is. La Liga is tighter in defense and he won't get that much space. Most teams won't press us and will set up in a low block.
What does Lewas record against Spanish teams look like? From memory it's not that great

40 at least. I will tell you I told you at the end of the season ;)

Not the end of the season, gonna be polite and let you take your words back before it ;) LewanGOALski is gonna get 40+ for sure :D

Devils

DwfsHcPX4AEjnXu.jpg

All he did was score golazos all season :lol:

I'd have him up there too if he wasn't such a damn Madridista.

Shame!

Devils

Amazing how quick peoples attention spans are these days and how the easily the past gets forgotten. So after a couple of games, including the most recent one, where he scored twice against freaking Valladolid, he is now better than Luis Suarez? Go watch Suarez`s first two seasons here, including the Champions League. Performances againt Man City (Pellegrini one, yes, but still full of talent), PSG, Bayern, Atletico and you name it.... that`s what they call "world class". Not to mention his countless goals against Real in Classicos. It truely is amazing how people just refer to everything that happened before as "nostalgia" or whatever. Luis "El Pistolero" Suarez from 2010-2017 was pure 100% dynamite. Lewy, as good and clinical as he is, isnt at that level.

Lewandowski is a better player than Suarez.

Even if you are taking in their primes i.e. Suarez at Liverpool/Barca (first two seasons) vs Lewandowski (at Bayern), Lewandowski is still a better player.

Horatio

You're welcome
My first panini card ever I received as a gift when I was weeeee lad. It was Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima as part of '98 Brazil team.

Horatio

You're welcome
Regarding Ronaldo:

I dislike how he positions himself in interviews regarding Barca and Real. He is very clearly a supporter of Madrid, but when he talks about Barca he try to be very on the safe side. Probably want people to continue to adore him when partying in Barca. Makes inviting the girls for threesomes much easier. Have one's cake and eat it too kind of a situation.

jamrock

Best 9 after 2 games haha. That's a good one.

For a team that has had suarez, villa, eto'o played for them in the past decade or two.

Not to mention Ronaldo, rivaldo, romario, hristo.

😂😂, What we would then bd saying is lewa is one of the 10 greatest players ever, for winning 8 budesliga titles, scoring a bunch of non clutch goals in the CL & playing 2 games for Barcelona 😂😂😂😂.

Top top player though.

Temptation

It's almost as if RL9's career didn't start 2 games back.

He's been a legend long long before joining Barca.

The ignorance :lol:

As if the player has no career!

Some of the Messi fans are still praying for him to fail but straggling to admit it openly. It's so obvious with comments like these lmao. :lol:

KingLeo10

It's almost as if RL9's career didn't start 2 games back.

He's been a legend long long before joining Barca.

The ignorance :lol:

As if the player has no career!

Some of the Messi fans are still praying for him to fail but straggling to admit it openly. It's so obvious with comments like these lmao. :lol:

What does Messi have to do with Lewa :lol:

There is 0 threat to Messi's legacy by anything Lewandowski does in the next 5 years. Literally anything.

You're comparing:

1,100 G + A, 7 Ballon D'Ors, 3-4 CL, 10 LL, 6 European Golden Shoes

to

750 G + A (pretty amazing, but it's not 1,100), 1 Ballon D'Or (He absolutely deserved the 2020 one), 1 CL, 10 Bundesliga, 2 European Golden shoe

Temptation

What does Messi have to do with Lewa :lol:

There is 0 threat to Messi's legacy by anything Lewandowski does in the next 5 years. Literally anything.

You're comparing:

1,100 G + A, 7 Ballon D'Ors, 3-4 CL, 10 LL, 6 European Golden Shoes

to

750 G + A (pretty amazing, but it's not 1,100), 1 Ballon D'Or (He absolutely deserved the 2020 one), 1 CL, 10 Bundesliga, 2 European Golden shoe

Messi fanboys don't want the new marquee signing to do well. Couldn't be any more obvious. :lol:

You have people(the usual suspects) indicating that his career started 2 games back ffs.

Home of Barca Fans