9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

He should be taking freekicks from the center and left too. Maybe he didn't take them much at Bayern but would still back him more than anyone else in this Barca team to score from those positions.

If Vlahovic can take freekicks as a big #9, Lewy needs to as well.

He took the short range left sided Free Kicks for Bayern too.

But yeah he's a better FK taker than all the Barca starters.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He should be taking freekicks from the center and left too. Maybe he didn't take them much at Bayern but would still back him more than anyone else in this Barca team to score from those positions.

If Vlahovic can take freekicks as a big #9, Lewy needs to as well.

he is very good at taking freeicks from close range (<25m)

Catta

The counter at the end of the first half, was maybe the most impressive moment from him in the game. Keeping up with Demebele, and that at 34 years of age. Messi and Suarez wouldn't have even tried to run and support Dembele.

So far Lewa is proving me wrong, I'm starting to appreciate him more and more. Fantastic player and athlete, shame we didn't get him in 2019.

iniestaGOAT

Yeah I'm waiting for those type of games too.

5 in 9 again is impossible but 5 in a game is possible for him. Scored many 4 goal games for Bayern.

Some pens would be good too.

Could have been 4 today, scored 1
Missed two one on ones, one was rapinha goal
And one dembele didn't pass for some reason

Temptation

The counter at the end of the first half, was maybe the most impressive moment from him in the game. Keeping up with Demebele, and that at 34 years of age. Messi and Suarez wouldn't have even tried to run and support Dembele.

So far Lewa is proving me wrong, I'm starting to appreciate him more and more. Fantastic player and athlete, shame we didn't get him in 2019.

He wouldn't have come in 2019.

He likes being the main man/star of the team.

That's why he came to current Barca.

Temptation

This will sound weird but so far he has been pretty unlucky with scoring and hasn't hit his best goalscoring form yet. Also been denied a few clear penalties on him by the crap La Liga refs.

Once he finds his shooting boots, more shots will go in. If he was in form he'd easily tuck those chips away 10 out of 10 times. Chipping is one of his specialities.

Another thing that has been slightly off has been his passing. He's a better passer than this and tends to get more defense splitting passes/chances created. That will come with time too.

So I firmly believe that currently you guys are seeing an off form/mediocre form Lewandowski. Wait for him to hit top gear and give him a little time. For all the hype, I haven't been that impressed by his performances so far. He can do so much better.

ronniecro

awesome start,proper killer. might reach that 30-40 numbers of goals this season which i doubted when he arrived here

Fati_Future_BallonDor

he deserved to get the pass from Dembouz

pers

This will sound weird but so far he has been pretty unlucky with scoring and hasn't hit his best goalscoring form yet. Also been denied a few clear penalties on him by the crap La Liga refs.

Once he finds his shooting boots, more shots will go in. If he was in form he'd easily tuck those chips away 10 out of 10 times. Chipping is one of his specialities.

Another thing that has been slightly off has been his passing. He's a better passer than this and tends to get more defense splitting passes/chances created. That will come with time too.

So I firmly believe that currently you guys are seeing an off form/mediocre form Lewandowski. Wait for him to hit top gear and give him a little time. For all the hype, I haven't been that impressed by his performances so far. He can do so much better.

First time I disagree with you. He is in form for sure and you will see way worst Lewy performance especially if team play poorly. He is not clinical finisher but in Barcelona he has no competition in this area for sure. With luck he can in such game score 3 or 4 goals but without luck 1 or 2. In Bayern he also didn't score many 1 on 1. In fact he is better in one touch and shot than 1 on 1 imo.

serghei

I was never a fan of him but he surprises me almost every game. It's almost like he plays here for years.

We play very close to Bayern now. Similar style. Xavi is clearly a fan of less tiki-taka and more speed, power in individual duels, and faster football in general.

scaliwa

Yesterday's match should put into perspective the nonsense about Lewandowski being guilty of piling the notorious "big chances missed" stat. That stat (among many others) is a severe misrepresentation of a striker's ability.

Yesterday he registered 3 big chances missed, yet no one will say he was poor, because he wasn't. He was awesome. Many of the big chances he missed the past 3-4 seasons in Bundesliga were difficult stretches to reach passes/crosses that most other strikers wouldn't even touch. He's a legitimately great player and a phenomenal striker.

I'm just a little concerned with Xavi's football philosophy. I hope he prepared the team well during preseason because this is some heavy metal shit we're playing. Our press is perhaps the most aggressive in Europe. Great to see, but this will lead to a burnout if we don't use the full depth of the team.

Home of Barca Fans