9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannik

That's the reason why Bayern and Benfica are the clubs with the highest amount of club members worldwide. Because prices for tickets in Portugal and Germany are not an issue, just getting one is. I still prefer this to the "supply and demand"-policy in England though. I do not even think thats its an economical disadvantage, maybe its even more profitable to do so.

Ticket revenues are making out an abysmally low percentage of a clubs toal revenue, TV money and sponsors are the main income sources. Dropping ticket prices allows poorer people to visit the stadium, it would automatically boost the atmosphere in the stadiums, and therefor as a sideeffect making the matches more attractive for the viewers at home in front of their TVs. This would boost their marketing even further, and increase the amount of money from TV deals (and sponsors).

Think of Dortmund. World famous for the atmosphere inside the stadium and almost everyones favourite second team. Some people even go as far and trip there, just to see the Yellow Wall live once.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That's the reason why Bayern and Benfica are the clubs with the highest amount of club members worldwide. Because prices for tickets in Portugal and Germany are not an issue, just getting one is. I still prefer this to the "supply and demand"-policy in England though. I do not even think thats its an economical disadvantage, maybe its even more profitable to do so.

Ticket revenues are making out an abysmally low percentage of a clubs toal revenue, TV money and sponsors are the main income sources. Dropping ticket prices allows poorer people to visit the stadium, it would automatically boost the atmosphere in the stadiums, and therefor as a sideeffect making the matches more attractive for the viewers at home in front of their TVs. This would boost their marketing even further, and increase the amount of money from TV deals (and sponsors).

Think of Dortmund. World famous for the atmosphere inside the stadium and almost everyones favourite second team. Some people even go as far and trip there, just to see the Yellow Wall live once.

Are you saying that Bayern and Benfica have the most members because many members joined not for the right reasons? ;)

Just to play devil's advocate, what is the point of having low ticket prices when tickets are not available at all? What is the message that the club is sending out? You can come and watch a game only if you become a member, or if you are willing to pay as much as 4, 5, 6 times of the face value to buy tickets from resellers?

BVB is different. You can buy BVB tickets rather easily on their official site.

Last edited:

Yannik

Are you saying that Bayern and Benfica have the most members because many members joined not for the right reasons? ;)

Just to play devil's advocate, what is the point of having low ticket prices when tickets are not available at all? What is the message that the club is sending out? You can come and watch a game only if you become a member, or if you are willing to pay as much as 4, 5, 6 times of the face value to buy tickets from resellers?

BVB is different. You can buy BVB tickets rather easily on their official site.

As a club member for Bayern you can also buy tickets online. A membership costs around 5 Eur a month for one year, only 3EUR if youre under 25. That isnt exactly a fuckton of money if you want to watch lots of Bayern home matches..
Its not impossible to buy tickets for the matches, just make sure that you do not come up with that idea on the same day of the match. I dont think that the club is sending out any sort of message, memberships are a normal thing everyhwere. But in germany they are more attractive than elsewhere, thanks to the lower ticket pricing and the overcrowded stadiums.

Its just normal that this happens. You have a stadium for 75.000 people but around 150.000 want a ticket. Just be sure you are in the earlier half of that. In England they are escaping that struggle by just filtering those out, who are not willing to pay enough to get in. In that regard Bayern is handling that quite well for a demanded top-club.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As a club member for Bayern you can also buy tickets online. A membership costs around 5 Eur a month for one year, only 3EUR if youre under 25. That isnt exactly a fuckton of money if you want to watch lots of Bayern home matches..
Its not impossible to buy tickets for the matches, just make sure that you do not come up with that idea on the same day of the match. I dont think that the club is sending out any sort of message, memberships are a normal thing everyhwere. But in germany they are more attractive than elsewhere, thanks to the lower ticket pricing and the overcrowded stadiums.

Its just normal that this happens. You have a stadium for 75.000 people but around 150.000 want a ticket. Just be sure you are in the earlier half of that. In England they are escaping that struggle by just filtering those out, who are not willing to pay enough to get in. In that regard Bayern is handling that quite well for a demanded top-club.

It is mostly impossible for non-members. Trust me, I have tried but to no avail to book tickets far in advance for games whenever we are in town, and so far we have had no luck at all. I submitted multiple "inquries" back in April back in June as soon as they released the schedule for the 15/16 season, only to be told months later that "sorry, we can't process your order as the tickets have all been sold out".

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It is mostly impossible for non-members. Trust me, I have tried but to no avail to book tickets far in advance for games whenever we are in town, and so far we have had no luck at all. I submitted multiple "inquries" back in April back in June as soon as they released the schedule for the 15/16 season, only to be told months later that "sorry, we can't process your order as the tickets have all been sold out".

They know you hate Bayern Luft. They know.

:lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
While we're at it, I'd absolutely love to watch a game at Westfalenstadion one day.

Yannik

If you really want to pay up, book CL matches, they are easy to get access to. Also something that often works is getting into touch with fanclubs. They book for lots of people, but everytime some of them are missing and they are giving the tickets away or sell them for rather normal prices. Might be a disatvantage for you, if you come from far away and you dont know anyone from the fanclubs, but could also be an advantage, try an email "Heeeeey Fanclub-San, I'm Luft, I'm from Beijing, I love Bayern with all my heart, I even have an Effenberg-Jersey and I travelled all those thousands of kilometres but I just cant get access to their games. If you have a ticket left-over, would you please think of me? I always dreamt of this. PS: Ribery should have won the Ballon D'Or in 2013."
Doesnt cost anything to try that at least.
The easiest way, if you really only want to see Bayern play for once, then try an away match and book on the home-side. That should work most of the time. I was there too when we played them. Not the Allianz-Arena but its a Bayern match.

;) Where there is a will, there's a way. (I dont know if this saying exists in english, I only know this in german)

Last edited:

Yannik

Did you translate it directly? Because it actually is just that lol

Nah I googled that before using it in the comment :lol: . It was translated, just didnt had lots of search results for it. Thought its not a popular in english and the only people using it would be germans like me who were translating it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you really want to pay up, book CL matches, they are easy to get access to. Also something that often works is getting into touch with fanclubs. They book for lots of people, but everytime some of them are missing and they are giving the tickets away or sell them for rather normal prices. Might be a disatvantage for you, if you come from far away and you dont know anyone from the fanclubs, but could also be an advantage, try an email "Heeeeey Fanclub-San, I'm Luft, I'm from Beijing, I love Bayern with all my heart, I even have an Effenberg-Jersey and I travelled all those thousands of kilometres but I just cant get access to their games. If you have a ticket left-over, would you please think of me? I always dreamt of this. PS: Ribery should have won the Ballon D'Or in 2013."
Doesnt cost anything to try that at least.
The easiest way, if you really only want to see Bayern play for once, then try an away match and book on the home-side. That should work most of the time. I was there too when we played them. Not the Allianz-Arena but its a Bayern match.

;) Where there is a will, there's a way. (I dont know if this saying exists in english, I only know this in german)

Thanks man, I got a really good kick out of that! :cheers:

I have been to Allianz twice already (both were regular Bundesliga games) and each time I paid about 4 times of the face value of the ticket. It just pains me to think I had to pay that much but hey, I was there in Munich having a good time.

Perhaps I should seriously consider becoming a Bayern member so I can buy tickets and sell them? :p It is good business. But not even Bayern members are guaranteed to be able to buy all tickets they want, right?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Nah I googled that before using it in the comment :lol: . It was translated, just didnt had lots of search results for it. Thought its not a popular in english and the only people using it would be germans like me who were translating it.

It's quite popular.

Thanks man, I got a really good kick out of that! :cheers:

I have been to Allianz twice already (both were regular Bundesliga games) and each time I paid about 4 times of the face value of the ticket. It just pains me to think I had to pay that much but hey, I was there in Munich having a good time.

Perhaps I should seriously consider becoming a Bayern member so I can buy tickets and sell them? :p It is good business. But not even Bayern members are guaranteed to be able to buy all tickets they want, right?

No.
Take 75.000 seats
minus 38.000 season tickets
minus 2.000 tickets for agencies or others
minus 10.000 tickets for fan clubs
minus away tickets

And there was more than 107.000 orders for even the matches against Ingolstadt or Hoffenheim - we are not talking about matches against e.g. Dortmund...

My son often gets tickets offered from a fan club in which a friend of him is the president. But that is usually just matches that are less attractive. At the end of the day they always find enough people for their tickets. (We live about 350 km away from Munich).

There is a second market on which Bayern fans can sell their tickets officially. But you have to be very fast to get them. It might be easier with Sunday matches or matches on weekday evenings when many might have difficulties to make the trip to Munich.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans