9 - Robert Lewandowski

TemporaryFan

There is no Wunderwaffe in Football. Getting Lewandowski, or even Halland for that matter, does not guarantee goals in the most significant matches of the season. If it were only that easy...Of course, comparing Messi or Ronaldo to Lewandowski in terms of skills is a daunting taks. The former two are the absolute half-God magicians, while the latter is an earthly maestro. You would hope for something more in games that matter...he will produce results but it takes more coordinated team effort than expecting some sort of Lewandowski's genius.
Lewandowski is an output of the engine - outcome strictly dependent on the engine input. The team performance will determine his performance. That's how it worked in Bayern or BVB.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

There is no Wunderwaffe in Football. Getting Lewandowski, or even Halland for that matter, does not guarantee goals in the most significant matches of the season. If it were only that easy...Of course, comparing Messi or Ronaldo to Lewandowski in terms of skills is a daunting taks. The former two are the absolute half-God magicians, while the latter is an earthly maestro. You would hope for something more in games that matter...he will produce results but it takes more coordinated team effort than expecting some sort of Lewandowski's genius.
Lewandowski is an output of the engine - outcome strictly dependent on the engine input. The team performance will determine his performance. That's how it worked in Bayern or BVB.

Wunderwaffe? why are you using a german word bro

TemporaryFan

Take Haalland in BVB...
In all the games between Bayern vs BVB Lewandowski was playing the first fiddle. Was it coincidental that Lewandowski never gave the Norwegian giant a close chance in the race of the best scorer?
Make no mistake, just like Lewandowski, Haalland's performance is directly a reflection of high efficiency output of this current Guardiola's team. I bet you, switch the two and you have the same results.

Last edited:

TemporaryFan

I gotta say that Lewandowski's pedigree in CL, other than the number of goals, does not bring too many memorable moments.
He scored important goals in the group stages but in later stages - I mean when Bayern (or earlier BVB) met more formidable opponents, other than that memorable Real Madrid semi finals 1st leg, I can hardly recall a single game when he would play a decisive role. He did score against the likes of Juve, Athletico, Madrid or Barcelona but the goals were like in the last Inter game - of little significance.
Even in the finals in 2020, he was not a key killer in Bayern ultimate success. Of course, his contribution should not be dismissed but he was not the one scoring decisive goals.

Lewandowski is a top quality plow blade - the best there is - that still needs to be attached to a tractor, the power of the tractor determines the utilization level of the plow blade.

If you think Lewandowski, think he is a tool. A tool that requires a skilled operator.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I gotta say that Lewandowski's pedigree in CL, other than the number of goals, does not bring too many memorable moments.
He scored important goals in the group stages but in later stages - I mean when Bayern (or earlier BVB) met more formidable opponents, other than that memorable Real Madrid semi finals 1st leg, I can hardly recall a single game when he would play a decisive role. He did score against the likes of Juve, Athletico, Madrid or Barcelona but the goals were like in the last Inter game - of little significance.
Even in the finals in 2020, he was not a key killer in Bayern ultimate success. Of course, his contribution should not be dismissed but he was not the one scoring decisive goals.

Lewandowski is a top quality plow blade - the best there is - that still needs to be attached to a tractor, the power of the tractor determines the utilization level of the plow blade.

If you think Lewandowski, think he is a tool. A tool that requires a skilled operator.
[MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION] and [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] are going to have a meltdown over this post, which is spot on :lol:

Zidane82

Bollox .. he scores loads of goals and scores great ones as well .. not tap ins

Temptation

That first touch. That bloody first touch.

Insane Football IQ. Bergkamp esque stuff.

Technically on a different level. Absolute madman.

Temptation

He wasn't tired in the last few games. He was just frustrated and mad at his teammates and the club for the way they were playing so looked disinterested. Stamina isn't an issue for him. Never was. Can play a game every 3 days no problem.

Home of Barca Fans