9 - Robert Lewandowski

TemporaryFan

I think Lewandowski's first yellow was not necessary - no reason for him to tactically intervene like that. The second was a result of an aerial ball skirmish - yellow was overdone.

FYI: it was his only 2nd red in his career.
The first one was somewhen in 2011/2012 in BVB vs Hamburger SV when he was sent off with a straight red for too clumsy an attempt to intercept the ball. Mind you, BVB lost that home game 1:3 or 1:4 even.
It is a prerequisite to have winners mentality when the win comes in a situation like that and it should be a relief to see that the touted reliance on Lewandowski's scoring was overblown.

Lewandowski at 34 should have known better though. As much as I am declared an admirer of his, I am disappointed with the level of his lack of judgment. Especially, the foul that produced the first yellow so early in the game is too difficult to justify.

It is all too funny how all the Lewandowski's talent doubters react.
They sit all quiet in their gopher holes when he superbly performs, delivering Barca goals and assists and deserves all the splendor of the won games, and then, when he misses a panelty or is sent off with the red - which is nothing else but freakishly isolated instance of his individual lack of judgment - they all are all over him, instead of rejoicing the victory. The victory not only in the aspect of getting 3 points and favorable result while playing outnumbered but, equally important, the internal team victory about bailing out Lewandowski's screw up after his bailing the whole team out in previous games which, had it been not for Lewandowski, would have been drawn.
What laughable and rubbish accusations about his play at Barca to be intended for winning his own accolades. The number of assists, assists that should have been goal converted and brilliant build up play is so much consistent with his performance in Bayern games... Still, don't forget,he is a striker, a beast hungry for goals, some degree of selfishness at the such close moments are to be expected, if not required.

Lewandowski will be all right. From my long term observation of his career, I can assure you that after the World cup, he will return with even more vigor and motivation.

Enjoy having him, while he still lasts.

Last edited:

Temptation

Because there is more glamour for individual awards he got because of his former club? Has he thanked his former teammates? There was nothing in his instagram post.

Not sure why you're surprised?

As much as I admire RL9, he's always been extremely selfish, individualistic and egotistical. It's one of the reasons why he's so good. He probably prefers individual accolades and records over team ones tbh.

Temptation

Lewandowski: "Now I understand. Now I know that Barcelona is more than a club."

To poke some fun at the "Mes que un club" line:

Even City and PSG are more than just a Football Club. They are oily state funded sportswashing entities!!

So don't be too proud of that saying!! :mou:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
To poke some fun at the "Mes que un club" line:

Even City and PSG are more than just a Football Club. They are oily state funded sportswashing entities!!

So don't be too proud of that saying!! :mou:

Don't worry mate, Liverpool are on their way to becoming that as well.

Temptation

Don't worry mate, Liverpool are on their way to becoming that as well.

Would rather go back to our shite era of fighting for top 4 and fluking an occasional CL than be the best team itw with oil money.

Yikes!!!

Praying that some Yankee buys us.

Would rather have parasites like Glazers than the City or Paris owners. Not even trying to be a righteous wanker here!!

Man! Wish we could be owned by members like Bayern and Barca are!!

Judoman

Would rather go back to our shite era of fighting for top 4 and fluking an occasional CL than be the best team itw with oil money.

Yikes!!!

Praying that some Yankee buys us.

Would rather have parasites like Glazers than the City or Paris owners. Not even trying to be a righteous wanker here!!

Man! Wish we could be owned by members like Bayern and Barca are!!

What's the difference between oil money and yankee money? Neither one is "clean".

There is a downside to being owned by members. The politics comes in. When there is politics, there is corruption and stupid people with 0 knowledge and irresponsible decisions. Previous Barca administration is a nice example.

"The capital" at least has its well defined logic.

Home of Barca Fans