9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

It was a turn of phrase, I don't need you to admit to something I'm already convinced of.

You have delusions of grandeur my friend. This is a forum for Barca fans. It's not the footballing equivalent of Braveheart and you are not William Wallace.

Non Messi fans can crack on, I couldn't care less, I'm not emotionally attached to him in any way and don't even watch him anymore.

When you become detached it's easy to see who is attached and your attachment to Ronaldo is crystal clear. As crystal as how that attachment to Ronaldo brings you pain and makes you act in a less than respectable manner.

Every man dies, not every man really lives.
Look, you're free to believe what you want.

Won't change anything.

It's just hilarious that you think I am pretending when I have clearly stated that I'm a big admirer of CR7 and he's the second greatest OAT.

But yeah, CR7 isn't in my top 5 favourite active Footballers so there's that.

soul24rage

Look, you're free to believe what you want.

Won't change anything.

It's just hilarious that you think I am pretending when I have clearly stated that I'm a big admirer of CR7 and he's the second greatest OAT.

But yeah, CR7 isn't in my top 5 favourite active Footballers so there's that.
who's your number 1?

ajnotkeith

Lewa moans about chances but his slow feet and lack of pace is resulting in less of those chances falling by wayside.

Countless times he could have got a shot away quicker or been through on goal and cant do it.

Essentially it seems Lewa wants the team to play to his limitations and he will still get some goals but been here before with Ronaldo at United and Suareza at Barca... they become obsesssed with team playing to their limitations and getting the goals to justify themselves.

It's not a coincidence that Ferran racks up so much more xG and gets more chances when he comes on... Someone with pace and legs to run in behind and constantly move.

Lewa expects the chances to drop at his feet or to be played clean through without having to do any work.

He even said himself - when Ferran and Ansu come on we create more chances. Wonder why that is.

vegitot

To be fair Lewa is 34 so people should know that his physical, movements are getting worse and worse. Problem is he is still the only striker. And you have to live with it.

Porque

FC Barcelona has received a proposal from a Saudi club to take Robert Lewandowski . The offer is around 40 million euros and has arrived on this last day of the market for Spanish football but not for Saudi football, which remains open for incorporations until September 20. Therefore, the footballer's exit operation could be carried out until the closing of the Saudi market, but FC Barcelona could not incorporate anyone in his place.

---

SPORT have gone balls deep into deadline day. Got to laugh at being able to sell a player for 40m, yet not being able to register a replacement

serghei

I think we should plan to sell him next summer. Would be ideal for us. No top team in Europe would even buy him at almost 36, so a good offer from Saudis would be golden for Barcelona.

Even this summer would be tempting at around 40-50m.

Andresito

Staff member
The €40M offer from Saudi Arabia for Lewandowski will NOT be considered by Barça as it does not provide any financial relief for the club immediately. It makes the operation meaningless, economically. That's because €37.5m of his signing needs to be amortized. @sport

JamDav1982

The €40M offer from Saudi Arabia for Lewandowski will NOT be considered by Barça as it does not provide any financial relief for the club immediately. It makes the operation meaningless, economically. That's because €37.5m of his signing needs to be amortized. @sport

Thats not correct though as it would take his costs off the books this season and then save his salary.

So it would improve Barcelonas books by around 38m odd before then can spend whatever % the rules state.

Not sure what Sport are at claiming that.

Andresito

Staff member
Thats not correct though as it would take his costs off the books this season and then save his salary.

So it would improve Barcelonas books by around 38m odd before then can spend whatever % the rules state.

Not sure what Sport are at claiming that.
Wouldn't give us much wiggle room to buy a replacement, be my guess.

Porque

Replacement is already bought. Only problem is we didn't include a clause to bring Roque this window, so Paranaense will need to negotiate an early sale fee with us.

Home of Barca Fans