9 - Robert Lewandowski

Porque

🚨 Xavi Hernández on Robert Lewandowski: "I think we're too demanding with him. He's given us four points in the last two games, he scored in the last match, he scored today, he played a good positional game. He didn't have too many touches but he was very well positioned. I think he played well. Even if we had won without his goal, I think he played as good game. He forced the penalty, he converted it, the other day he gave us the win. We can't say he's in a bad moment, he played very well today. I think we are too demanding sometimes of the players. I'm happy with him today, he works hard and he's Lewandowski, he's our striker."

@KingLeo10 thoughts?

How do you say Lewandowski is playing bad without saying he is playing bad.

If you bit a wooden stick up front, it's positional game would also be good, and also be offside less with a closer first touch.

JohnN

He is currently missing his solo / long shot goals. His link up was somewhat better than last match. Easy goals also still missed consistently (offside or not).

Asylum15

Never seen such a weak classic 9 player with his physical attributes.
He gets bodied constantly and seems to always just be a step behind everything.

We've rebuilt our defence/midfield somewhat this year but this guy is the glaring issue we still have.
Argue with someone else about him winning us points, he's still a big problem.

We haven't played a top side yet either; he will inevitably be terrible.

El Gato

Villarato!
In case this interests - he's getting quite a lot of blowback in Poland for the things he said about Polish NT too.

The public opinion around him has shifted quite a bit with people starting to side with the idea he's become even more of a celebrity and a mark for himself since leaving Bayern than he already was since becoming NT captain and very clearly in discussion for best Polish player ever.
People starting to see that BĹ‚aszczykowski and Grosicki were the real NT leaders during that 2016 Poland run and Lewy has become full of it often making meek or wrong calls

He's also called out his old agent who he claimed threatened him at one time which led to them splitting and him going with Zahavi. The agent now said that makes zero sense considering Anna invited him over to spend time with their daughter several times

Lol

ajnotkeith

In case this interests - he's getting quite a lot of blowback in Poland for the things he said about Polish NT too.

The public opinion around him has shifted quite a bit with people starting to side with the idea he's become even more of a celebrity and a mark for himself since leaving Bayern than he already was since becoming NT captain and very clearly in discussion for best Polish player ever.
People starting to see that BĹ‚aszczykowski and Grosicki were the real NT leaders during that 2016 Poland run and Lewy has become full of it often making meek or wrong calls

He's also called out his old agent who he claimed threatened him at one time which led to them splitting and him going with Zahavi. The agent now said that makes zero sense considering Anna invited him over to spend time with their daughter several times

Lol
Lewa can't do anything without service from other people. I watched a lot of Poland in the past group stages and in general he's just kind of like he is with Barca against decent organised opposition. Standing there getting pocketed or bullied by defenders.

Not surprised opinion is going against him there. Poland would do better to play Swiderski.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lewa can't do anything without service from other people. I watched a lot of Poland in the past group stages and in general he's just kind of like he is with Barca against decent organised opposition. Standing there getting pocketed or bullied by defenders.

Not surprised opinion is going against him there. Poland would do better to play Swiderski.
What I've also seen, and it's somewhat a paraphrase of what he suggested in that interview, is that he essentially suggested Barca and La Liga refs are promoting too indirect a style that he doesn't suit.
Not as extreme version of it as Poland at 2022 WC where he was openly claiming he's "taking one for the team" playing that way to help the team make it out the groups.
There's a whole bit about the bonus Poland NT was offered by the Prime Minister after they made it out the groups which made mad headlines. At the time Lewy met with Krychowiak and other seniors and they decided they'll split it equally. Didn't decline. And the story is still dragging on poisoning the atmosphere at every NT break. He's now gone and called Skorupski (Roma keeper) a liar because he misrepresented teams stance in a mixed zone interview. And he basically sort of blames the NT staff for not killing the matter, shifting blame. For which hes now getting flak throwing teammates under the bus in the media. His take is that among other things he was concerned about other teammates reaction if he decided they weren't going to take the money, considering they earn a lot less and this sort of dough doesn't get offered often

So yeah - all things pointing to him having a bit of a honeymoon/god complex at this stage of his career where he seems to think he's achieved what he set out to do, he's doing his bit by acing fitness tests to validate himself and now it's Sunday so best others pick up the slack to get up to his level while whatever he gets wrong is basically marginal errors

But hey, Tempdrew Tate will tell you he's anything and everything I imagine

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is getting pushed over more easily this season. It's noticeable. I expected him to have another 20+ goals season and still do but he will need to get his shit together.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Any more of Madridistas attacking his character based on salacious rumours and I will have to start supporting him. Basta ya.

He is not good enough to start for Barca and should be benched with a view to a sale in the near future. That's all.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Madridistas love him starting in his current form so if anything we're not attacking him, we're supporting him as he is

3 more years of this please
Guy is 35 and already playing like an old man - and he has another 3 seasons on his contract :ROFLMAO:

JohnN

No way he can play top flight football for three more years.
he already declined significantly.
Next season he is out.

Morten

Never seen such a weak classic 9 player with his physical attributes.
He gets bodied constantly and seems to always just be a step behind everything.

We've rebuilt our defence/midfield somewhat this year but this guy is the glaring issue we still have.
Argue with someone else about him winning us points, he's still a big problem.

We haven't played a top side yet either; he will inevitably be terrible.

Body strength has nothing to do with 6 packs and such, and as you get older you get weaker, no matter how hard you train.

Home of Barca Fans