9 - Robert Lewandowski

ajnotkeith

Being strong in football is much less about muscle mass than people realize. It's about being able to access your muscles at specific angles and in specific combinations intuitively. It's about proprioception and fascial tension.

Look how Messi here: https://streamable.com/pvly6v

How he absorbs the blow of Khedira through his whole body, basically remaining in complete composure while being shifted mid air. Then shrugging off Pepe with a change of direction. You can be as ripped or as bulky as possible, without this innate physical talent your body would still naturally give in at the point of impact.
Do you work as a physical therapist or in the field? You know a lot about biomechanics.

Temptation

He was strong as an ox in his peak. Watch his old games.

Due to poor form, he's diving and trying to buy fouls at the slightest contact.

People judging him from his Barca stint need to realise this isn't his peak. He used to be a lot stronger and faster.

He's also fantastic at attacking crosses. It's beyond me how these highly rated Barca players can't take advantage of that and put in crosses into the box. He'll show you his strength then. Cancelo's first cross was better than anything he got served by his teammates at Barca and he almost scored it in the first attempt.

Analysing his personality, Lewy is kinda greedy. If he doesn't get goals he gets very frustrated and that can affect his general demeanour on the pitch. He's clearly not happy with the service he's getting and that's causing this terrible attitude.

Temptation

Had warned you folks about his ego issues before he arrived.

This is the dude who along with his agent, went around saying he was too big for Dortmund. Trying to kick up a fuss every season at Bayern wanting a Real move. Went against his club publicly to move to Barca. Openly insulted his teammates for not giving him enough service for the Golden Boot. Had fights and cold wars with numerous teammates for club and country.

He has some pretty narcissistic traits just like Ronaldo had.

ajnotkeith

I used to have loads of injuries so I started researching into root causes and got interested in stuff like that
Same (well not exact same) but I play competitive football and discovered how vital biomechanics is to everything after researching. I've been working on athleticism for a while and things like muscular imbalances, weak or strong muscles, upper body lower body relation etc is so so important.

Nice to see a poster who analyses from that angle. Thanks for your insight.. I think it could be very relevant to Gavi.

Porque

Lewy could probably compete well physically if he wanted to. It's just that at his age, he would probably gas at the 45-60 minute mark. Football is one of the most oxygen demanding sports. Even moreso than Rugby for example.

Which is fine if you have a backup striker to take advantage after. Well there's, Ferran but Xavi is never going to make Lewy a 60 minute player.

CatalinR10

He playing today vs Faeroe Islands or ?

Come on chief , I have Poland to score at least 2 goals in the game.

How is the game still 0-0 ?

He shit vs shit teams as well now or what's going on ?

Home of Barca Fans