9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Benzema's longevity is the reason he surpassed Suarez.

Suarez' peak was crazy though on another level. Lewandowski is not even in the conversation. He's comfortably third best.

serghei

Benzema's longevity is the reason he surpassed Suarez.

Suarez' peak was crazy though on another level. Lewandowski is not even in the conversation. He's comfortably third best.

That was like what, 5 months?

Even then what Benzema did last season in CL is up there also at peak level, probably even superior. Won a Ballon d'Or too.

So, it's not only about longevity but also about peak. Benzema carried Madrid last season in CL vs Chelsea, City, PSG. Suarez never did that in his career tbh.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Even then what Benzema did last season in CL is up there also at peak level, probably even superior. Won a Ballon d'Or too.

So, it's not only about longevity but also about peak. Benzema carried Madrid last season in CL vs Chelsea, City, PSG. Suarez never did that in his career tbh.

He almost carried Liverpool the a PL title but i agree with you; in these final couple of years Benzema has surpassed Suarez for me.

Personally, eto is my number 1

vegitot

Benzema's last season is incredible. But he also had Vini, Modric, Kross, Casemiro, Curtorius by his side. Suarez carried a mediocre Liverpool for years. Suarez isn't liked by media so he could not win Ballon Dor. Remember when he had more than 80 GA in 2015/16 season, he finished 4th.

Overall peak Suarez > peak Benzema. But Benzema will be regarded as greater, no doubt.

Both are above Lewy.

fergus90

Rodrygo and Vini also contributed massively to Madrids CL last year.

Rodrygo had crucial goals against Chelsea and City.

Vini against City and Liverpool.

serghei

Rodrygo and Vini also contributed massively to Madrids CL last year.

Rodrygo had crucial goals against Chelsea and City.

Vini against City and Liverpool.

Yes, carried is an overstatement, but Suarez had even more help at his peak from Neymar and Messi in 2015.

Imo Benzema is not weaker than Suarez even at peak level. Probably around the same level for me, very small margins between them. If you look past their peak, Benzema is far superior.

JamDav1982

Desperation and short term thinking to pay so much for a 34 year old.

Similar goals rate in league as LDJ and Auba had last season and quarter of those goals v fucking Elche.

Lewa, Raphinha and Kounde were all poor signings for what team needed then add Torres to that when Xavi plays in way that suits none of them.

ajnotkeith

Have we actually dropped points without him in the team? I don't think so.

I am seriously worried about this signing going forward.

Looks finished and like he's lost a yard or several of pace and quick thinking..

He also isn't near as good as he used to be for Poland either. Their fans complain about him a lot and there was even a Lewa Out trend after their games last international break.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Honestly based on his comments last few weeks it seems like he made a switch to us for the lifestyle of living in Spain and fulfilling that dream rather than to compete, win a BdO title or whatever.

So maybe that plays a part in his decline. I don't know, but this is what a lot of people feared when we signed him, but even I thought he'd at least give us two elite seasons before that rapid decline set in.

JamDav1982

He suffers from poor planning from Xavi.

Xavi spent 100m+ on two wingers who are not wide players to keep the opposition guessing with pace and direct running. Which Lewa needs or teams can play high ling and narrow too easily which keeps him far away from box as he is no threat in behind himself.

Then makes it worse by not buying a RB that can get forward and provide ball into box.

He is also part of Xavi poor planning himself as was always far too much for a 34 year old that would be declining and needing others to provide the legs for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans