Abde Ezzalzouli

ajnotkeith

Something it took me a long time to realise is, above all, football is a game of association and of movement and passing.

Despite being important for wingers, 1v1 ability is only 5-10 percent of actual skill. The vast majority of what makes a player good is their interpretation of the game, their connection with their teammates and their movement. 1v1 ability rarely comes into this umbrella.

There are plenty of street footballers who can send most defenders, even professional ones, but it means nothing because the real game isn't like that and the amount of times where 1v1 is the best option are limited.

That's Abde. His 1v1 ability is outstanding but it does not lead to much production because he is not picking the right moments. His dribbles don't create advantage or good situations and probably in a lot of them the best option was actually a simple pass. Neither does dribbling signify wider technical ability - there are plenty of amazing dribblers who don't pass well, have a bad touch etc.

Players learning decision making is harder than it seems, and 1v1 ability doesn't really indicate skill on a wide scale.

jamrock

Something it took me a long time to realise is, above all, football is a game of association and of movement and passing.

Despite being important for wingers, 1v1 ability is only 5-10 percent of actual skill. The vast majority of what makes a player good is their interpretation of the game, their connection with their teammates and their movement. 1v1 ability rarely comes into this umbrella.

There are plenty of street footballers who can send most defenders, even professional ones, but it means nothing because the real game isn't like that and the amount of times where 1v1 is the best option are limited.

That's Abde. His 1v1 ability is outstanding but it does not lead to much production because he is not picking the right moments. His dribbles don't create advantage or good situations and probably in a lot of them the best option was actually a simple pass. Neither does dribbling signify wider technical ability - there are plenty of amazing dribblers who don't pass well, have a bad touch etc.

Players learning decision making is harder than it seems, and 1v1 ability doesn't really indicate skill on a wide scale.

Yep this is all true, which is why I disagreed with the person who said he was better than martinelli, it's not all about "skills".

But that being said, I'd take a skilled player, over one that's "smart" but has no end product.

Last edited:

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Wins ball. Beats man. Delivers good ball in. GOAL.

Honestly, how often did we see that last season from Dembele, from Raphinha, from Ferran, from Fati. Hardly ever.

Reckon this Morrocan Menace to Society will be a real weapon coming off bench against most of La Liga's fodder this season.

Keep him.

BJJ

Wins ball. Beats man. Delivers good ball in. GOAL.

Honestly, how often did we see that last season from Dembele, from Raphinha, from Ferran, from Fati. Hardly ever.

Reckon this Morrocan Menace to Society will be a real weapon coming off bench against most of La Liga's fodder this season.

Keep him.
Yeah,agree.

Unless some team comes in with a big 9f 30 million plus I wouldn't loan or sell.

wisconsincule

Like I said before, I'd keep him, offers us a Dembele light on the bench and on the left.
Agree- keep unless a worthwhile offer comes in for him.

Even if he sucks he still will probably sell for 10 million next summer versus 15 this summer. Thats a wash in my eyes.

Messigician

Good post

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
On sporting merit, certainly deserves to stay & get significant minutes. On financial side, he represents FFP buffer in a transfer. If Dembouz actually is transferred, no question he remains else I see an English club offering 30M minimum

Unfortunate situation, like many we've been forced to endure as a result of Bartomeu's malfeasance but would be a shame to lose a talent like this as a result

Home of Barca Fans