Abde Ezzalzouli

vuji_31

Called it a long time ago.

No denying this kid is better then all our wingers except Dembele.

He played one full season as starter, he is young, he can be refreshment on the wing.

Defenetly needs to stay, him just being on the wing will ocupy player or two for sure, he crosses good, he is fast and great dribbler on small space.

Hope so idiots like Fati or Ferrer are sold, tbh I would not mind selling Gavi for massive fee, because I don't see him on same level as Pedri.

Hope so Abde starts most of the games, and Gavi does not.

iniestaGOAT

Called it a long time ago.

No denying this kid is better then all our wingers except Dembele.

He played one full season as starter, he is young, he can be refreshment on the wing.

Defenetly needs to stay, him just being on the wing will ocupy player or two for sure, he crosses good, he is fast and great dribbler on small space.

Hope so idiots like Fati or Ferrer are sold, tbh I would not mind selling Gavi for massive fee, because I don't see him on same level as Pedri.

Hope so Abde starts most of the games, and Gavi does not.

Spoken like someone who never watched him play last season

He ain't shit

vuji_31

Watched him in like 10 games, defenetly starter for our team.

Yes he is someone like Dembele, he will lose balls often, but he will create much.

He has more dribbles per game then Vini.

Co0ter

Spoken like someone who never watched him play last season

He ain't shit
He doesn't have to be amazing or world class to start LW for us. The simple question is, as a wide winger like Xavi wants, does he offer more with his attributes on the LW than Fati or Torres. The answer is likely, yes.

Torres literally cannot dribble past his man. Fati rarely tries it and when he does it usually ends up with him on the ground and no foul. He makes smart runs to get behind sometimes, sure, but he doesn't beat his man.

If we get a decent offer go ahead and sell him. Calling him shit and disregarding him makes no sense though after we watched Fati and Torres be much worse all last season. So bad in fact that Xavi started playing Gavi at LW, which honestly was equally as bad.

We don't have money for an alternative that is better, with or without his sale. If anything he gets first team exposure, potentially provides more than Torres/Fati and we still sell him next season. The only difference is we may be able to bring in someone decent for LW then. Keeping him also helps us force out Torres easier, likely Fati too unless he suddenly gains his pace and scoring boots back.

iniestaGOAT

He doesn't have to be amazing or world class to start LW for us. The simple question is, as a wide winger like Xavi wants, does he offer more with his attributes on the LW than Fati or Torres. The answer is likely, yes.

Torres literally cannot dribble past his man. Fati rarely tries it and when he does it usually ends up with him on the ground and no foul. He makes smart runs to get behind sometimes, sure, but he doesn't beat his man.

If we get a decent offer go ahead and sell him. Calling him shit and disregarding him makes no sense though after we watched Fati and Torres be much worse all last season. So bad in fact that Xavi started playing Gavi at LW, which honestly was equally as bad.

We don't have money for an alternative that is better, with or without his sale. If anything he gets first team exposure, potentially provides more than Torres/Fati and we still sell him next season. The only difference is we may be able to bring in someone decent for LW then. Keeping him also helps us force out Torres easier, likely Fati too unless he suddenly gains his pace and scoring boots back.

Point is fati, ferran have been so trash fans wil hype up anybody other than them no matter how trash they are.

Abde in this case.

One year later he will receive the same abuse.

Co0ter

Point is fati, ferran have been so trash fans wil hype up anybody other than them no matter how trash they are.

Abde in this case.

One year later he will receive the same abuse.
Perhaps.

The point stands though that we don't have any other options unfortunately. I don't necessarily rate Abde very highly, but I need to admit that I found it refreshing to see a player using his pace on the LW and dribbling around/past enemy opposition for the first time in years. That alone makes me prefer him to the other two options already. It means there is potential. I can't say the same about Torres, or post injury Fati unfortunately.

If Abde develops chemistry with Balde, they could be very dangerous together. I can't stomach another season of watching Torres and Fati being beta boys there.

mc_lovin

Ansu, Ferran > Abde

I think Abde fools some people here with his pace and dribbling. But let's see in a few games. Maybe I am dead wrong.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ansu, Ferran > Abde

I think Abde fools some people here with his pace and dribbling. But let's see in a few games. Maybe I am dead wrong.

They are on paper, but if Abde has a bigger positive impact when he comes on as a sub he'll definitely be more valuable for us.
Remains to be seen how much he has developed other parts of his game though.

Porque

They are on paper, but if Abde has a bigger positive impact when he comes on as a sub he'll definitely be more valuable for us.
Remains to be seen how much he has developed other parts of his game though.

This. Abde only has to be better at one very specific thing. Getting the ball and passing his man or effectively linking up to raise the success rate of when he does take on his man.

If he can do that better isolated on the left, then he is better for Barca there than Ansu or Ferran.

Ideally though with Balde's pace and width, you would have someone who can cut in and help on the goal front. Maybe Ansu can be that if he gets his smile back.

Xavi offensive play so far is very fragmented and relying on individual brilliance, which we don't have alot of right now. You would expect he would have learnt how to manage and train the offensive phase by now, but so far he is more Rijkaard than Pep, and missing having the likes of Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Messi of yesteryear where the pre match talk was simply get the ball to Ronaldinho, as it were before the 2004 Clasico

khaled_a_d

Abde has to create a productive chaos to have a role here.
It won't be a starter role in such role, but both Torres and Fati rely more on positioning than creativity, and while they are different players they rarely provide a "spark" from the bench. Abde can provide that on paper even if he is the inferior player. But then again on paper and in reality are different things, and if Fati and Torres stay he is the odd man out in the LW as we can't have 3 player in this position, especially when we use the 343 formation a lot, that doesn't even require a LW.

BusiTheKing

I think it remains to be seen who deserves to be a starter between those three: Fati, Torres and Abde.

With Abde you sort of know what you get. A head down player, someone who will make wrong decisions but who will also, through persistence and--granted--pretty special dribbling ability, produce dangerous moments whenever he plays.

Torres is a bit of a wild card for me. I still believe we haven't seen his full potential, likely because of mental issues. There were many games where nothing worked out for him but where you could sort of see that the right stuff was there but that he just needed some spark to make it come alive. I don't see it as impossible that things will click for him and he could become a reliable solid allround attacking card.

Fati seems to be the only attacking player who has taken lessons from Messi on how to create danger and momentum. His vision is an x-factor and his finishing is very good. Physically though, he looked last season like he was done with professional football. Something stiff and slow about the way he moved. But who knows what a proper rest and rehab can do?

Home of Barca Fans