Adama Traore

F

Flavia

Lucho doesn't play wingers. Adama will be promoted next season, and loaned somewhere.

JamDav1982

Our fullbacks have been wingers for quite some time now. This is the first season where our front line has had no wingers on it.

The full backs this season have a much higher starting position than before. They are two of the most advanced players in the team when Barca are in possession. Much more so than in previous seasons.

mampilly

i'm not sure if he's really good enough to permanently play in the first team as a forward. Adama is very one-footed and also a bit one-dimensional in his play. I think we should be looking for a little bit more from a forward.. In any other team he could be a big hit as a winger though.

However, i'm liking the idea of playing him as some sort of right wingback. I think he might be capable of the making the conversion from to wingback, much like jordi alba did. Heck, adama's got even better physical attributes than alba since he's also strong as an ox and extremely agile, but important qualities for a defender.
Take a closer look at the positions he picks up the ball, those are very similar to dani alves'. He can run at defenders and get the low cross in. If he comes from deeper there's also the added chance that he'll be marked by an attacking player meaning his chances of completing dribbles will only increase further.

agree with you

BleedBlaugrana

This player could come in and start playing as an inside forward next season, like he did when he stepped in for Tata Martino and made a real good dribble. The important thing in this case is to get him out of Eusebio's grasp. With Eusebio he is often isolated off the pitch, and it is promoting him to have to be very selfish with the ball, beat his man and deliver a cross in, he is making a huge impact but if Eusebio used him right he could be scoring and assisting game in, game out. There are rumours of playing him as a RB next season, I have not seen too much of him defending, just tracking back and tackling from behind which is a lot easier than trying to stop a man from getting past you, I really do hope Barca take the right steps to made this kid a quality player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho doesn't play wingers. Adama will be promoted next season, and loaned somewhere.

After the PSG game, he might not be loaned or perhaps shouldn't be if Lucho decides to play that formation more.

DinhoR10

After the PSG game, he might not be loaned or perhaps shouldn't be if Lucho decides to play that formation more.

Yeah he fits there more than Pedro or Deulofeu do. But thats only if Lucho keeps this formation/system up knowing him we might never see it again.

Kohe321

Indeed. What he brings to offence goes without saying, people can just watch the video above for examples, but the more interesting thing is his defending. He is beastly strong and so fast that most wingers will have a really, really hard time to shake him off if he decides to run them down. Some of those shoulder-shoulder challenges with the winger flying off the pitch made me smile like crazy.

If he can play as a forward when needed as well, he can only get more minutes as a result. Without a doubt one of our talents that I'm most excited about, along with Samper.

Home of Barca Fans