Adama Traore

Barcadub

Adama is a class act. Don't know what Lucho is at.

Promote the lad for fuck sake and watch him do more than Sandro and Munir.

Sterlingfan2000

According to rumours he has already agreed to join bayern. Braida wants the full buyout clause to be paid and bayern are unsure according to blaugrana

Zangash

Banned

Adama does not deserve promotion by any means and is not favored by Lucho. As well, Lucho has shown he does not favor using out and out wingers, but prefers center minded players capable of operating out wide.

Gaudi

If he can beat his marker so often he has something special. True, that doesn't mean everything but we could sorry if we let him go. It's up to coaching stuff to improve things he's missing and put him on the right path.

Zangash

Banned
If he can beat his marker so often he has something special. True, that doesn't mean everything but we could sorry if we let him go. It's up to coaching stuff to improve things he's missing and put him on the right path.

He can't. If you watch as much Barca B as I did you'll see he lost the ball several times more often than he beat his man or did something meaningful with the ball. Loss after loss after loss where Adalente teams were shutting him down, and he'll be even less effective against top flight competition.

Sterlingfan2000

He can't. If you watch as much Barca B as I did you'll see he lost the ball several times more often than he beat his man or did something meaningful with the ball. Loss after loss after loss where Adalente teams were shutting him down, and he'll be even less effective against top flight competition.

Was he that bad? Also the Spain U19 Coach dont rate him either.

Gaudi

Thx, didn't watch that much Barca B, I was just amazed by shear number of dribblings...

Zangash

Banned
Thx, didn't watch that much Barca B, I was just amazed by shear number of dribblings...

Was he that bad? Also the Spain U19 Coach dont rate him either.

Yeah, don't let the highlights fool you. Adama may have been one of the B team's best last season but that's really a big shame on the B team. He's very frustrating to watch many games, and he seems to lack in many areas that Munir and Sandro do not.

raki

That´s a lie. You are a meaningless hater.

Zangash

Banned
That´s a lie. You are a meaningless hater.

Not a lie so much as an exaggeration, lol. He is indeed very prone to losing the ball when he goes for his dribbles, unless you want to deny Adama is capable of losing out to a defender. He often takes on an Adama vs the world approach, especially when the game gets tough, which doesn't serve to help the team. Even when his dribbles are successful it's not like he's much of a goal threat on his own.

khaled_a_d

Adama is gr8 dribbler .he can beat his man with ease tbh .does he lose it a lot? sure but he does that trying to dribble past 4th player .sadly it is the case most of the time
I don't rate Adama and was one of the 1st to point on his weakness ,but he is gr8 in dribbling and getting past his man .he just lack basic football IQ to understand how to use it and with awful team that has a game plan to give him or Alen the ball and just let them try to make something out of nothing didn't help

Amiga73

The difference is in the A team you cannot put 3 players on Adama if Messi, Neymar or Suarez are on the pitch. Adama is perfect for being a super sub, he is strong, quick and he can dribble.

Ritchie

The difference is in the A team you cannot put 3 players on Adama if Messi, Neymar or Suarez are on the pitch. Adama is perfect for being a super sub, he is strong, quick and he can dribble.

This is a good point. Bear in mind with our front three we don't need another starting forward at the moment but if Pedro goes there's no back up. Adama off the bench for 15 minutes could impact the game.

BBZ8800

This is a good point. Bear in mind with our front three we don't need another starting forward at the moment but if Pedro goes there's no back up. Adama off the bench for 15 minutes could impact the game.

He played a few matches.
Last season, in a cup match against a 3rd division team, where Rafinha looked like Maradona (and dribbled past 4-5-6 defenders a few times), Adama was again below average.
He would stand isolated on a right wing.
He wasn't making himself available, his off the ball movement was bad/average, and when he would eventually received the ball, he would again just try to dribble.

Remember that defenders in the 2nd div are not that great.
And dribbling past defenders in the 2nd div is much easier than in La liga.
Somewhat similar how Deulofeu was a goat in the 2nd div against average and young defenders, and on a senior La liga level, he is just an average player.

So, a one trick pony players like Adama or Tello could be awesome in the 2nd division or against youth opponents (even though Adama isn't THAT special even in the 2nd div), but on a higher level like La liga or Champions league, defenders would easily learn their tricks and tackle them.

And again, we are Barca, the best team in the world in the last 10 years.
I don't understand why our fans are so emotional about some one-trick-pony youth players.

I know that we all love our young players, La Masia products, and that we are biased towards them, but one dimensional players is really not a way to go.

We won the treble last season because we were versatile and because we had a several options in terms of tactics (possession game, counterattacks) and because we moved away from a one-dimensional possession game from the last few years.

The same is with players.
Would you rather have versatile, quality players who can offer a lot or one-dimensional players like Tello, Deulofeu, Halilovic and Adama.
Messi, a goat Messi and a good squad player Pedro are the only 2 forwards produced from our youth academy in the last 15-20 years.

We can survive with some La Masia fullbacks, defenders and similar who are not perfect in every aspect, but for attack, we will need to rely on Neymar, Suarez and similar players.
Adama and similar guys (even as squad players) wouldn't take us too far, imo.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans