Adama Traore

Amiga73

We won the treble last season because we were versatile and because we had a several options in terms of tactics (possession game, counterattacks) and because we moved away from a one-dimensional possession game from the last few years.

Actually Barcelona won because Messi on the right wing stretched the opponents midfield, almost always creating an overload on the left hand side of the pitch. Messi by himself takes 2 players just to try and stop him, if Alves goes past Messi it takes 3 players on the right side of the pitch to stop it. As soon as this happens Alba and quite often Neymar are wide open in space as the opponents midfield are on the right hand side. Messi has the passing range as Xavi and Pirlo and most often can do the left foot cross to Neymar or Alba which most wingers cannot do. Its like a cheat code in a Fifa football game, and Barcelona could overload teams to death just by doing it most of the time.

Rafinha is slower and weaker than Adama on the wing and against strong players does nothing. Having versatile players is good but if they are average at everything then what is wrong in having 1 or 2 players who are one dimensional , but are very good at it. Against Man United they only put 1 player on Rafinha and just packed the midfield and he only created 1 chance and hardly dribbled past anyone. Barcelona's formation is based on stretching the opposition, and the best way to stretch the opposition is to have wingers who you must mark with 2 players i.e Messi and Neymar. Otherwise all you end up doing is watching the wingers just pass the ball back to midfield as they don't have the skill to dribble past one player i.e. Pedro (on right hand side), Munir, Sandro, Rafinha, Alves

Rafinha is slower and weaker than Adama on the wing and against strong players does nothing. Having versatile players is good but if they are average at everything then what is wrong in having 1 or 2 players who are one dimensional , but are very good at it. Against Man United they only put 1 player on Rafinha and just packed the midfield and he only created 1 chance and hardly dribbled past anyone. Barcelona's formation is based on stretching the opposition, and the best way to stretch the opposition is to have wingers who you must mark with 2 players i.e Messi and Neymar. Otherwise all you end up doing is watching the wingers just pass the ball back to midfield as they don't have the skill to dribble past one player i.e. Pedro (on right hand side), Munir, Sandro, Rafinha, Alves

Too many assumptions.

1. Adama is better than Rafinha against stronger players on the wing. First of all you make him out to be a better winger than he actually is. What has Adama done to prove that he'll do well against stronger opponents? Remember the match against Huesca where Rafinha dribbled past numerous players yet Adama was still average? Rafinha is ahead in the pecking order for a reason.
2. It's not that Rafinha, Munir, Pedro etc. can't dribble, it's just that they pass so as to make an off the ball run so as to get into a better position to help the team score. The ball moves faster when it's not always on your feet.
3. The problem of a one trick pony with Adama, is that you'll see him dribble past two players and reach the middle of nowhere and lose the ball. Rinse and repeat, with an assist here and there. And at top level, that's more than enough time for defenders to learn how to dispossess him. He just doesn't possess the required IQ to play in a team like Barcelona..

F

Flavia

Barça B is playing right now, and he's not even on the bench... No reports of injury too. He might be leaving.

raki

barcabstuff
‏@barcabstuff

Bicho, Cámara and Adama are not playing due to minor injuries

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hate seeing our youth players with talent in abundance being squandered or poorly brought along - really a form of neglect

Important year for Adama, hope he is not wasted by the club

silvia

Adama is wasted because of shitty strategy of b team coach.
No one is perfect at b team. as i remember well, xavi and iniesta was in segunda b.
Watching highlights, this one is used just in the right side.
Like Alves under Tata.
I like his physicals and speed for black man. this is born gift, never made by coach. Like Halilovic must work out really hard.
I must have made my mind if Lucho take him in preseason. Why just not take him in pre? Saving air plane fee? He should have gone there instead of Bartomeu if it is the case.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
EPL isn't the best place for him as he's more likely to continue on the same path of being dependent on his pace and not improve in team play, link-up play, movement etc.

Zangash

Banned
EPL isn't the best place for him as he's more likely to continue on the same path of being dependent on his pace and not improve in team play, link-up play, movement etc.

He'll have so much space in the EPL that it'll practically be inviting him to go on those crazy dribbles of his, and since he's such a tank he's not likely to get pushed off the ball- ever. The English fans will think he's the goat and we'll be forced to sell him for his release clause.

I can see it all now.

khaled_a_d

Not sure about it ,I think players at their early development and 1st team play should be allowed to work using their strengths b4 getting work on their weakness .it allows players to establish themselves and getting used to the game b4 starting working on the weakness of their game
plus it seem to me we are actually really selling Adama .this isn't a loan in the form sell+buyback .specially when club like Liverpool included

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure about it ,I think players at their early development and 1st team play should be allowed to work using their strengths b4 getting work on their weakness .it allows players to establish themselves and getting used to the game b4 starting working on the weakness of their game
plus it seem to me we are actually really selling Adama .this isn't a loan in the form sell+buyback .specially when club like Liverpool included

If a team like Juventus can agree to a buyback for Morata then we sure as hell should include a buyback if he goes to Liverpool or tell them to gtfo.

khaled_a_d

If a team like Juventus can agree to a buyback for Morata then we sure as hell should include a buyback if he goes to Liverpool or tell them to gtfo.

Morata is on total different level than Adama .his buyback is also high (10M difference from what Juve paid) and is 2 years from his signing with player having to agree to comeback
I really think we want to get rid of Adama tbh .he is clearly not gonna be Barca starter in the future and he has really disappointed .I think it is sort of Giovanni Dos Santo situation .we are gonna get our money while he has some value and run
Except GDS selling was due to his behavior

Home of Barca Fans