Adama Traore

gregorrin10

Been saying this and i will continue to say this...Adama should've stayed at the club, especially now that Pedro's been sold...Munir should go out on loan instead. Don't get me wrong I do and will continue to support Lucho completely, but i really wish he would've handled this situation like i said and not like he (or whoever did this) did. Because we simply won't have as much luck with injuries every season as we had the last one...it already started with Neymar...and i'm worried for Messi and Suarez too, because now with Pedro gone there is a big lack of options for attack, especially until January (after that Arda possibly at LW and Vidal at RW should improve the situation). And i'm afraid Lucho will have no choice but to start MSN every single game because the difference in quality is just too big between them and Munir/Sandro. Munir (and Sandro?) just aren't Barca's 'first sub' quality yet...while Adama in my opinion surely is!:blush:

Last season he showed week in week out, that he overgrew the B team and was ready to be given a chance in the 1st team. With his strength and quickness he was always gonna become a fantastic player, he just had the missfortune of not scoring a wonder goal from the half line, and he was unjustly 'missed', when they were considering which youngsters to promote to 1st team, even though he was still a beast every game, destroying opponent's defences and dribble and sprint past and through them like a joke! :rockon:

While Munir hasn't really proved himself that much not even in the B team. He was at Juvenil A, when that great generation won Uefa Youth CL (3 or 4 years ago) and he scored that fantastic goal from half pitch in the final, but i, for one think, that that goal did more harm than good, because he became overvalued and overtalked about too quickly, he was then fast tracked in 1 season from 3rd to 1st team, because people thought they found the new Messi or something. He should've stayed in B team last season permanently, because he hardly got a chance with Pedro still in the team and his progression was stopped abruptly, and now after a season of minimum playing time we expect him to step up and suddenly become 1st sub? I don't think so. While for Sandro, i have hope, because he did prove last season, that even with minimum playing time, he could become a great sub, kinda like Pedro was when he was breaking through the 1st team in 2008-10. And that's why i think Adama should've stayed this season and be the 1st sub, while Sandro would be 2nd. While Munir should've been sent on loan in PL or just stay in La Liga, like Halilovič did now.:lucho:

While Adama was always a fantastic athlete and thus made for PL and i really think he'll thrive there. he can become a true hit this season already. Thank god for the buy-back clause yes, but i'm still afraid that he will become so good in 1-2 years that bigger clubs than Aston Villa will take interest in him (especially bigger English clubs, because Adama will adapt so well to PL) and then some big offer from City, United or Chelsea will come, but at Barca there will still be MSN, or even worse, we'll add to the stupidity and add/buy Nolito or someone unneccesary by then, and then even if Adama will be playing so fantastic that other clubs will want him, he'll still know he can't get a proper chance, if he returns to Barca, while Barca will also think 'that that big offer is a fantastic offer for only a squad player', since there won't be room for him with MSN (and Nolito?) and then because of that accept that big offer and we'll lose him permanently. Hopefully this scenario does NOT come true, but like i said, i'm afraid it could.:(

Bright side; as soon as he became available, i added Adama immediately to my Fantasy PL team, and he already started bringing me points, 4 today with the assist, and many more to come i'm sure! :cheers:

Last edited:
Been saying this and i will continue to say this...Adama should've stayed at the club, especially now that Pedro's been sold...Munir should go out on loan instead. Don't get me wrong I do and will continue to support Lucho completely, but i really wish he would've handled this situation like i said and not like he (or whoever did this) did. Because we simply won't have as much luck with injuries every season as we had the last one...it already started with Neymar...and i'm worried for Messi and Suarez too, because now with Pedro gone there is a big lack of options for attack, especially until January (after that Arda possibly at LW and Vidal at RW should improve the situation). And i'm afraid Lucho will have no choice but to start MSN every single game because the difference in quality is just too big between them and Munir/Sandro. Munir (and Sandro?) just aren't Barca's 'first sub' quality yet...while Adama in my opinion surely is!:blush:

Last season he showed week in week out, that he overgrew the B team and was ready to be given a chance in the 1st team. With his strength and quickness he was always gonna become a fantastic player, he just had the missfortune of not scoring a wonder goal from the half line, and he was unjustly 'missed', when they were considering which youngsters to promote to 1st team, even though he was still a beast every game, destroying opponent's defences and dribble and sprint past and through them like a joke! :rockon:

While Munir hasn't really proved himself that much not even in the B team. He was at Juvenil A, when that great generation won Uefa Youth CL (3 or 4 years ago) and he scored that fantastic goal from half pitch in the final, but i, for one think, that that goal did more harm than good, because he became overvalued and overtalked about too quickly, he was then fast tracked in 1 season from 3rd to 1st team, because people thought they found the new Messi or something. He should've stayed in B team last season permanently, because he hardly got a chance with Pedro still in the team and his progression was stopped abruptly, and now after a season of minimum playing time we expect him to step up and suddenly become 1st sub? I don't think so. While for Sandro, i have hope, because he did prove last season, that even with minimum playing time, he could become a great sub, kinda like Pedro was when he was breaking through the 1st team in 2008-10. And that's why i think Adama should've stayed this season and be the 1st sub, while Sandro would be 2nd. While Munir should've been sent on loan in PL or just stay in La Liga, like Halilovič did now.:lucho:

While Adama was always a fantastic athlete and thus made for PL and i really think he'll thrive there. he can become a true hit this season already. Thank god for the buy-back clause yes, but i'm still afraid that he will become so good in 1-2 years that bigger clubs than Aston Villa will take interest in him (especially bigger English clubs, because Adama will adapt so well to PL) and then some big offer from City, United or Chelsea will come, but at Barca there will still be MSN, or even worse, we'll add to the stupidity and add/buy Nolito or someone unneccesary by then, and then even if Adama will be playing so fantastic that other clubs will want him, he'll still know he can't get a proper chance, if he returns to Barca, while Barca will also think 'that that big offer is a fantastic offer for only a squad player', since there won't be room for him with MSN (and Nolito?) and then because of that accept that big offer and we'll lose him permanently. Hopefully this scenario does NOT come true, but like i said, i'm afraid it could.:(

Bright side; as soon as he became available, i added Adama immediately to my Fantasy PL team, and he already started bringing me points, 4 today with the assist, and many more to come i'm sure! :cheers:

Oh lord, you make it seem like Adama was the next Messi.

And we won the UEFA Youth League in 2013-14 season. Where Munir played pretty well bar that goal. That's not 3-4 years ago. Munir scored the goal right before playing in pre-season, and then the first team. How on earth do you think Barcelona make decisions based on one goal?

Adama was sold for only one simple reason, and that's the fact that he doesn't have the necessary footballing IQ to play for Barcelona. That's all.

Jenks

He really wasn't that impressive when he came on aside from his pace. The first few times he got the ball it was taken off him immediately, and everything else he did was basically just kicking the ball and chasing it and then hitting mediocre balls low into the box. I do think he will get plenty of game time though because his pace and physique alone will make him dangerous, though I doubt he'll get anything like that kind of freedom once teams get a look at him.

BBZ8800

though I doubt he'll get anything like that kind of freedom once teams get a look at him.

My thoughts exactly.
If he will be play a few good games, opponents will realize who he is and they will give him less space.
And then he will play his good, old, dummy game again (dribbling through 3-4 opponents over and over).

As others said, even Deulo was good at first...
Much better.

El Flaco

In your opinion he doesn't deserve to be treated this way, but the coach's opinion is the one that matters, and the coach's opinion is far more important than yours.
If you're going to use the argument that it's the coach who decides when someone expressing their opinion about a player, then I guess we can shut down all forms of discussions right now. Barcaforum exists in order for anyone to be able to argue and have different opinions.

Sandro actually got more minutes this past preseason than Munir did. Last season, despite not impressing, Munir was playing very well and clicked with the team. He had countless goals strike woodwork, get counted offside wrongly, and had blatant penalties against him not given. He just had bad luck, really. Since then he has stalled but it really doesn't matter, as the stalling of his development was primarily when playing with the B team.

The UYL was the competition where Munir AND Adama were the most dominant. In that time Munir was the top scorer and was without a shadow of a doubt the primary reason Juvenil A (Not Barca B o_O) won the tournament last year, and it's likely why he was called up by Lucho in the first place.
Regarding Munir, I've opinion that he's simply not physically ready for the top level or not even senior level. The fact that dominated in Juvenil A, says nothing when it to step up and become a senior player. Adama, as an example, has already proved that he's ready to play at high level given to his performances in Liga Adelante (and I haven't even mentioned his great performances for Aston Villa). Unfortunately, we can't say the same about Munir. When it comes to Munir and Sandro, I think both of them are pretty bad regarding technique, although Sandro has some physic and in that way, he can assert himself in a completely different way than Munir. Munir can run much, I'll give him credit for that. In fact, I love players who aren't lazy to contribute in the offensive & defensive but you could find many players who are capable of doing that + have good technique and are good to dribble past their opponents. It's these qualities that will stand out for a young winger/striker and if you can't find these traits today, I find it hard to imagine that a player like Munir will even be a good rotational player in the first team.

Last edited:

anguy

My thoughts exactly.
If he will be play a few good games, opponents will realize who he is and they will give him less space.
And then he will play his good, old, dummy game again (dribbling through 3-4 opponents over and over).

As others said, even Deulo was good at first...
Much better.

Adama is pretty good even in tight space. Great close ball control, plus he can often unbalance or simply push defenders away. If he learns just to move the ball to teammate when tripple teamed, they won't be able to mark him too much anyway.

anguy

He really wasn't that impressive when he came on aside from his pace. The first few times he got the ball it was taken off him immediately, and everything else he did was basically just kicking the ball and chasing it and then hitting mediocre balls low into the box.

Well, it's not like he had much time to adapt. Just a week with a new team, plus I don't think he trained too much with Barca B this preseason.

If you're going to use the argument that it's the coach who decides when someone expressing their opinion about a player, then I guess we can shut down all forms of discussions right now. Barcaforum exists in order for anyone to be able to argue and have different opinions.

Regarding Munir, I've opinion that he's simply not physically ready for the top level or not even senior level. The fact that dominated in Juvenil A, says nothing when it to step up and become a senior player. Adama, as an example, has already proved that he's ready to play at high level given to his performances in Liga Adelante (and I haven't even mentioned his great performances for Aston Villa). Unfortunately, we can't say the same about Munir. When it comes to Munir and Sandro, I think both of them are pretty bad regarding technique, although Sandro has some physic and in that way, he can assert himself in a completely different way than Munir. Munir can run much, I'll give him credit for that. In fact, I love players who aren't lazy to contribute in the offensive & defensive but you could find many players who are capable of doing that + have good technique and are good to dribble past their opponents. It's these qualities that will stand out for a young winger/striker and if you can't find these traits today, I find it hard to imagine that a player like Munir will even be a good rotational player in the first team.

Great performances? Where has Adama shown promise with the first team? Against Huesca? Where Rafinha played like Maradona?
He barely played ONE game for Aston Villa lol. Wait for a few games and let defenders figure him out before making a judgement.

Ritchie

You'll have Traore, Pedro and Deulefeu ripping it up in the Premier League and we'll have Munir and Sandro as back up to MSN.

Home of Barca Fans