Adama Traore

BBZ8800

Yeah Ik he has decision making problems you can see it even in the highlights. I just love him, the only person who has that sort of close control at such high speeds is Messi, and if there was a coach who could put sense into him it would be Lucho and it's not like he hasn't impressed when he's played for the first team. We'll see how his career will go I hope he plays for us but I'll support any team bar madrid that get him.

He played in a cup match in 2015 and was by far the dumbest player on the field.

But not a kind of dumb where you can actually help him...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He played in a cup match in 2015 and was by far the dumbest player on the field.

But not a kind of dumb where you can actually help him...

Adama? He only played a few minutes and scored a goal. Didn't do anything dumb at all tbf.

Yeah his decision making is pretty much dumb and he has stalled this season as well, but to call everything he does for dumb is really OTT IMO.

BBZ8800

Adama? He only played a few minutes and scored a goal. Didn't do anything dumb at all tbf.

Yeah his decision making is pretty much dumb and he has stalled this season as well, but to call everything he does for dumb is really OTT IMO.

When we played against that crappy opponent, I remember that he played from the first minute, right?

And a lot of users on chat were saying very harsh words about his play, decisions, movement etc.
He had equally as dumb decisions as in a Bteam.
While he plays in a Bteam, we at least have an excuse and we can say: he has to dribble because there is no one to whom he can pass the ball.

Well, he played exactly the same in Ateam, imo.

BBZ8800

Well playing one game and some scrub mins isnt exactly playing under Lucho imo, he would need time under him before I cast my aspersions

JamDav already explained, this is Barca:

Barca dont promote young players in the hope they develop in the first team they promote the ones who have shown the required level at B level at least and Adama hasnt.

We don't pick players and give them chances and hope that they will improve/explode in the first team.
We give chances ONLY to players who have proven that they deserve a chance in the 1st team.

Adama has done absolutely nothing to earn a chance with the first team with his displays till now.

Also, a lot of people are still saying on these pages how Adama has an insane talent, or how he is the most talented player out of all of our young players.

So, it seems that for a majority of fans, a major talent still means=ability to dribble past players (as the key skill in football)
Why don't people ever say: he has such a talent for a player who is awesome in tactics, movement, decisions, reading of the game, vision etc.
(Btw, Adama lacks horribly in all of those areas, for example).

Also, you need at least some "playable" level of IQ, so that coaches, time and Ateam can improve your IQ over time.
Adama too low footballing IQ that all the magic in this world can't help him to turn him into a playable Ateam player in terms of IQ.

We have to accept that guys and move on.

Last edited:

reDIOS10

Yep, i had high hopes for Adama, but then decided to move on. At least with Munir, samper, Halilovic, and Grimaldo, we have a chance to help them. I also gave up on Deulofeu too because, frankly, their decision-making is almost non-exixtent.

Bran the Greenseer

JamDav already explained, this is Barca:

We don't pick players and give them chances and hope that they will improve/explode in the first team.
We give chances ONLY to players who have proven that they deserve a chance in the 1st team.

Adama has done absolutely nothing to earn a chance with the first team with his displays till now.

Also, a lot of people are still saying on these pages how Adama has an insane talent, or how he is the most talented player out of all of our young players.

So, it seems that for a majority of fans, a major talent still means=ability to dribble past players (as the key skill in football)
Why don't people ever say: he has such a talent for a player who is awesome in tactics, movement, decisions, reading of the game, vision etc.
(Btw, Adama lacks horribly in all of those areas, for example).

Also, you need at least some "playable" level of IQ, so that coaches, time and Ateam can improve your IQ over time.
Adama too low footballing IQ that all the magic in this world can't help him to turn him into a playable Ateam player in terms of IQ.

We have to accept that guys and move on.

I didn't mean I expected him to get promoted, just saying that you can't equate playing one game for the first team as the same as being under Lucho. Whether he makes it here or not is not really a big thing for me, I just want to see him succeed in football and hopefully he can get to a team be it us or somewhere else where he can blossom.

BBZ8800

It seems like most people erase that game from their memories when thinking about Adama. Doesn't support their notion that he's the greatest :lol:

Yes.
Already DonAk asked me what game I was talking about and now Anguy also.
I started to think that maybe I messed up something, so I needed to check the stats...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah I remember that game. Forgot that one. [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

Still, don't think he's a lost cause.

Zangash

Banned
Yeah I remember that game. Forgot that one. [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

Still, don't think he's a lost cause.

He has literally every weakness Deulofeu has while also being nowhere near his level when it comes to contribution to the B team.

The only difference is Adama hasn't played top flight football and thus hasn't had the fanbase turn on him, yet.

Home of Barca Fans