Adnan Januzaj

Martindn

Adnan Januzaj is the 4th most booked player for simulation in Premier League history.

Only 1 maybe 2 at the most was legitimate the james collins one comes to mind at west ham where he anticipated a challenged and dived. But its a bit unfair really when you consider all the focus is on diving at the moment so they want to punish it harsly, but the problem is the referees are not consistent, and every match he is getting the shit kicked out of him. Did you see yesterdays "dive"?

5trig.gif

How can that be considered simulation?

Last edited:

Jenks

I've also seen him dive plenty of times and not get carded. There seems to be a culture of diving at United at the moment.

Jenks

The level he's performing at for a 18 year old is impressive though. I would be surprised if he didn't become a very good player.

Martindn

I've also seen him dive plenty of times and not get carded. There seems to be a culture of diving at United at the moment.

Hes only 18 and getting mauled every game because he is, bar rooney, our only competent creative force id rather he dived than get a broken leg. Though i dont agree that he has dived "plenty of times", from memory the sunderland and west ham games, which are the others? Im curious what constitutes a dive to you.

All i want is consistency, if Webb can yellow card a barge in the back as simulation, then where is the card for Welbeck? Until there is consistency this stat is meaningless, ashley young was doing it for years at villa and only has two.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
A lot of players dive early on in their career and cut it out eventually. Talent-wise there's no denying he'll be a world class player in a few years bar a serious injury.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Seems to be having no problem with the BPL so far and he is only 18. There is so much treat coming from him, dribbles, playmaking, trying to shoot. I can see why Moyes insists on starting him.

oggydude

Nowadays a player has a few good games and he is going to be a world class player.

I agree and I'm a United fan, to many comparisons with him and Ronaldo at OT forgetting that Nani, Pato, Robinho and so many more players showed so much promise early on and failed. Remember when Arsenal fans were calling Ox and Walcott the new Henry. Januzaj looks to be a really good player but he could've just peaked early.

Alarcón

Januzaj looks to be a really good player but he could've just peaked early.

At 18? :lol:

No one can foresee the future but if someone plays as well as he does that early in his career, it's pretty safe to say he's gonna be a world class player bar any injuries, mismanagement or attitude/confidence issues.

Unbiased United

It's obviously been a bad season for United so far but Januzaj has been immense for us, so much so that with Rooney and RVP out he's comfortably been our best player... which is ridiculous for an 18 year old at a big club.

Probably on par with an 18 year old Ronaldo, and more consistent. Not to say he'll reach the level of a current Ronaldo (it's stupid to even suggest that really) but he is going to be some player.

Martindn

It's obviously been a bad season for United so far but Januzaj has been immense for us, so much so that with Rooney and RVP out he's comfortably been our best player... which is ridiculous for an 18 year old at a big club.

Probably on par with an 18 year old Ronaldo, and more consistent. Not to say he'll reach the level of a current Ronaldo (it's stupid to even suggest that really) but he is going to be some player.

Whats most striking is the actual rate of improvement, a year and half ago he was struggling in the u21's, 6 months later he was the best player in the reserve league, and now hes coming in to our first team that is low on confidence and shining. Unbelievably relieved he signed that contract.

Anything can happen though i remember everyone saying Rooney was a better talent than Ronaldo, and at the time it was hard to argue he could very easily suffer a drop in form or confidence maybe even an injury as others in this thread has mentioned but at this moment in time every good thing we do goes through him.

Jenks

I don't think you have to worry about his development, if I were I would be more worried about a better side coming in and taking him off you. We all know contracts mean shit these days.

Home of Barca Fans