Adriano Correia Claro

Trequartista

The good
Abidal will play a bit as a centreback this season,Pep said this and said that thats why we signed Adriano,Abidal said that he prefers to play there,I am not a fan of him as a centrebcak but lets wait and see,Abidal as a centreback in Domenech era doesnt prove that he is bad there.

W

wuzu

well Abi has been covering Puyol's CB position for a while as defensive SB.
he's like puyol, strong and fast.their job is to be the 1st one to stop counters and let Pique to stay as the last man.i think the reason why he failed in French NT was he and Gallas are the same type of CB.they both are not the best choice to stay inside of box which French NT's line was deep.for Barca style i think it's ok for him to be sub for puyol but not pique.
he's getting old and he can't run like a young boy anymore. :starwars:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Adriano was not very convincing with his defensive duties as a RB. But then again he played too little to be properly assessed.

Barcafan 2304

Abidal will play a bit as a centreback this season,Pep said this and said that thats why we signed Adriano,Abidal said that he prefers to play there,I am not a fan of him as a centrebcak but lets wait and see,Abidal as a centreback in Domenech era doesnt prove that he is bad there.

Really does concern me that Abidal might be played as a centre-half. Dont think he is strong in that position

Kubala

Guardiolaism in the words of Josep "Pep" Guardiola i Sala - "We are strikers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are speed, we are strength, we are effort, we are precision, we are as one... We are Barça"

Eau de Barca..........from €39.99

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Guardiolaism in the words of Josep "Pep" Guardiola i Sala - "We are strikers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are speed, we are strength, we are effort, we are precision, we are as one... We are Barça"

Eau de Barca..........from €39.99

hey that's mine!!

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I got a really good feeling about this man. He looks very enthused to be part of the team. He's going to be extremely useful, especially when Dani has one of those days. His crossing is just as good if not better. But mainly it's nice to know we don't have to count on just Puyol to cover the right side when Dani can't play.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Just played the last 10 minutes, but he had a great first touch and Pep already schooled him in our trademark 'ticky-tacka' :) Perfect that he gives us so many choices - LB, left midfield/LW and maybe even RB.

Trequartista

The good
Is there any chance of this guy being first choice LB?

Adriano & Alves = Our own version of Cafu & Carlos...:D

we can see them together,but not so much,they are both very attacking minded fullbacks ,so this may mean disasters if they play together if we play with a lone defensive midfielder,so maybe we will see them with Busquetes-Mascherano Pivot,also MAxwell is ahead of Adriano in pecking order,Adriano has played only a few minutes,but from what we have seen,we can be excited

Isnt it right he can play in 4 different positions?

LB,LW,CMF,Rb

Home of Barca Fans