Aleix Vidal

Catalan Fan

Suarez mostly and sometimes Neymar.
Or maybe a midfielder if Messi drops deeper.
And then there are potential injuries of MSN to consider.

As said, I think he was initially signed for RB cover but "if" Suarez or Messi are injured he would play RW mostly.The same with rotations, sub off Suarez stick Messi back in the middle and he slots in on the right.

Nolito could do the same job on the left in the short term, but I'd like to get Mahrez if it was possible.

JamDav1982

As said, I think he was initially signed for RB cover but "if" Suarez or Messi are injured he would play RW mostly.The same with rotations, sub off Suarez stick Messi back in the middle and he slots in on the right.

Nolito could do the same job on the left in the short term, but I'd like to get Mahrez if it was possible.

Barca wont buy Mahrez. Clubs in England will be willing the pay 40 odd million euros for him. Barca wont pay that for a back up attacker. Especially not when there are going to be some huge contracts to be paid for on the horizon.

Catalan Fan

I know it would be a big ask but we really do need a decent left footed forward and depending on price he would fit the bill (as cover).

Sorry for going off topic a bit.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
If vidal's integration can keep Alves motivated to maintain his best level than all good.

xXKonan

So what are the odds of him also being our Backup LB?

Worth a Try over Mathieu and Adriano when he becomes Available.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So what are the odds of him also being our Backup LB?

Worth a Try over Mathieu and Adriano when he becomes Available.

I don't see why we shouldn't. What I hear about him is that he is very similar to Alba in terms of stamina and speed and he used to play as LW although his defensive capabilities remain under question mark.

barcanuck

The forgotten one! Vidal might be a pleasant surprise in some games, at least we won't see anymore of Munir or Sandro.

aaron101

The forgotten one! Vidal might be a pleasant surprise in some games, at least we won't see anymore of Munir or Sandro.

It's amazing that we're on top of the table with Munir and Sandro as backup forwards and Messi out for 2 months. Simply Amazing!

It's amazing that we're on top of the table with Munir and Sandro as backup forwards and Messi out for 2 months. Simply Amazing!

Why is it so surprising?

I mean, I would be surprised if we still had Pedro and Sanchez. But we have two of the top 4 players in the world even without Messi.

Jombi

Its very impressive no doubt. We have had many many injuries this first half and a very thin squad but have managed to pull through with style. Cant wait to see Arda and Vidal play for us. Very versatile players.

Neymessi

I really hope he becomes our backup RB as well as backup LB,if he can.Would be good for him as that would increase his chances of getting minutes and would save us a headache if alba is injured.In short he could be the only missing piece of our team depth.

Home of Barca Fans