Alejandro Grimaldo

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Oh, the same will happen to him.

(On a serious note, I need to stop saying things like this, if it ever does happen, i'll be very upset)

You really are jinxing it, Jordan.

On another note, I began wondering... how is that ginger left back doing?

Ever since Grimaldo broke onto the scene, everything's been about him.

Yugi

Fran is doing good, still in Grimaldo´s shadow obviously but he could come good too in future

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Fran is doing good, still in Grimaldo´s shadow obviously but he could come good too in future

Good to know.

I guess being in Grimaldo's shadow isn't necessarily a bad thing, given Fran has now all the time in the world to hone his skills without much pressure coming from the media.

Is he still in Cadete A or has he moved to Juvenil B?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It'll be interesting to see how the club handles his progress...By the time he's completed his 3rd season with Barça B, he'll still be 19 years old...Alba will only be 26 so shouldn't be a big problem rotating him with Jordi once he does progress.

Now that's assuming he isn't banging on the first team door when he's 18, after just two seasons with the B team - which is entirely conceivable

It's his contract that will be the biggest issue ultimately which will have to be sorted in the coming year but I imagine the club has very high hopes for the player...He's not on Alba's level, far from it still but I do love the way he plays and the intensity in which he does it...He's a competitor and leader on the pitch

B team experience will go a long way in preparing him for first team football and defending, even under a joke of a manager in Eusebio

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, local papers had stories on how his absence is down to his attitude and behaviour issues...even conflicts within La Masia...Intimated there's some concern about a player the club never thought twice about

X

xaviniesta

if something like this happened he should be out as soon as possible. i don't remember the guys name who was the best (and probablt the only) friend of messi in his la masia days and he was caught on a fight and he got kciked out immediately after that and doesn't play any football since then. they have really strict rules about things like that.

although i really don't want to and don't care what the papers say until it's confirmed. i really don't belive anything like this from grimaldo though.7

edit.

Rafael Blazquez it was i think.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And here was I thinking when I saw Grimaldo in Sport that he's about to break in the first team now that Adriano is out.

1352017355477.jpg

Bad news, if true.

Yugi

eusebio punished deulofeu last year because he was angry that he got subbed, I don´t think grimaldo really has a bad behaviour or something

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
15 y.o. angry at being subbed? Eusebio did right there to nip it in the bud.
Doesn't look like the kid learned from it.

Theconomist

deulofeu is 18 iirc

Still. At 18 you're not supposed to have that ego no matter how good you are. At 18 you're a shadow of your best self, just compare Messi at 18 and now or any other great player. At 18 you don't have the experience or autority to be angry for being subbed.

I hope these are just rumors, Grimaldo is one player I was very excited about.

khaled_a_d

Still. At 18 you're not supposed to have that ego no matter how good you are. At 18 you're a shadow of your best self, just compare Messi at 18 and now or any other great player. At 18 you don't have the experience or autority to be angry for being subbed.

I hope these are just rumors, Grimaldo is one player I was very excited about.
18 is an age you are supposed to be young and Naive and do silly mistakes ,things like that can happen

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Eusebio said Grimaldo didn't play due to needing rest, and that he couldn't play all games, which is why he was rotated.

Home of Barca Fans