Alejandro Grimaldo

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
18 is an age you are supposed to be young and Naive and do silly mistakes ,things like that can happen

Depends on the culture, some decades ago when you were 18 you would likely have been married, working a full time job and have a baby or your second on the way. 18 year olds then had to mature a hell of a lot faster then they do now. These days, you are allowed to act like a child for much longer then before, with this whole "teenager" thing. The term itself is not that old, created during the 80's or 90's to name a group of individuals who were too old to be considered children, but just young enough for them not to be considered full blown adults, even though just about everyone did.

My grandparents always moan how it has allowed people to mature at a far slower rate then they would have if they had been born in their time, especially with laws about child labour kicking in, which my dad moans should not have included 13-15 year olds. To be honest, I agree with them, at 18 you should be acting like an adult and aware, not making some scene and staying naive. take those 18 year olds back to our grandparents time and they wouldn't cope very well. They would be forced to grow the hell up.

I was going to say send them back to the Medieval era but they would probably be killed for not acting like men :lol:

People are allowed to remain kids for far to long, Grimaldo should not be acting like this.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
People are allowed to remain kids for far to long, Grimaldo should not be acting like this.
According to the original article he was dropped due to his involvement in one of the goals conceded vs Recreativo, as well as performing poorly during training sessions, being part of a conflict in La Masia and quitting his studies (which he has now resumed). Eusebio on the other hand denied it, praised Grimaldo and said it was to let other players (IE Planas) play.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
According to the original article he was dropped due to his involvement in one of the goals conceded vs Recreativo, as well as performing poorly during training sessions, being part of a conflict in La Masia and quitting his studies (which he has now resumed). Eusebio on the other hand denied it, praised Grimaldo and said it was to let other players (IE Planas) play.

Thats good to hear, as long as it was all BS and theres no cover up I don't mind it.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm guessing it's something in the middle, possibly him being tired which meant he "underperformed"/acted lazily during training/games.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
The only Barca player to be called up for training with the Spanish u19 team... Sandro and Samper were dropped.

Full list:

ARSENAL: Héctor Bellerín y Jon Mikel Toral.

ATHLETIC: Kepa Arrizabalaga.

ATLÉTICO DE MADRID: Javier Manquillo, Saúl Ñíguez, Oliver Torres e Iván Calero Ruiz

FC BARCELONA: Alejandro Grimaldo.

REAL BETIS: Álvaro Vadillo

CELTA DE VIGO: Jonathan Castro

CÓRDOBA: Federico Vico

ESPANYOL: Albert Miravent

REAL MADRID: Alfonso Herrero, Jaime Sánchez, José Rodríguez y Raúl de Tomás

REAL SOCIEDAD: Iker Hernández

SPORTING: Borja López y Álvaro Bustos

VALENCIA: José Luis Gaya

VILLARREAL: Pablo Íñiguez y Moisés Gómez

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The only Barca player to be called up for training with the Spanish u19 team... Sandro and Samper were dropped.

Full list:

ARSENAL: Héctor Bellerín y Jon Mikel Toral.

Technically these two are Barcelona players, as well - just at their farm clubs

Sandro & Samper are both 17, Bellerin & Toral also 17 but right on the cusp of 18...Disappointing but common for the U19 side to pick the most senior talents available...But Toral over Samper, that one has to hurt

Is Lopetegui still coaching the U19 side now?...He's a good coach, IMO

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Where did you get the list from?

Indeed weird Samper & Sandro aren't in. Although, it's just a training.
Yeah, it's likely that they know exactly what Sandro and especially Samper are capable of and have no need to call them up at this stage.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well there's some pretty tough competition... Both Saul Niguez and Oliver Torres played a lot during the last u19 euros, and José Rodriguez has already made his first-team debut for Real Madrid. Still it's a bit surprising despite Samper never having played for Barca B.

The omission of Sandro makes even less sense since he's been doing very well for the Spanish youth teams, and he's been in good form lately.

Maybe there's an injury or something else to blame, but I wouldn't completely disregard the possibility of them being dropped.

SamperFCB

Well there's some pretty tough competition... Both Saul Niguez and Oliver Torres played a lot during the last u19 euros, and José Rodriguez has already made his first-team debut for Real Madrid. Still it's a bit surprising despite Samper never having played for Barca B.
Sergi Samper is the only real CDM in his age.. José Rodríguez & Saúl Níguez are both CMs, whereas Óliver Torres plays as a CAM. Therefor, it is weird he hasn't been called up for Spain U19.

Would be a magnificant midfield of Spain with these three guys:

Sergi Samper
José Rodríguez - Óliver Torres​

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Edit: that was apparently during the end of november, but was still on Marca.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans