Alejandro Grimaldo

xXKonan

Barcelona will trigger the option to extend the contract of B left back Alejandro Grimaldo (20) with another year, until 2017. [record]

J

Jamie Cal

So, are we promoting him or torturing him in the b's for another year? :lol:

God Serena

Sold or extended then loaned most probably ,doesn't make sense to loan a player in his last year of contract

If they're trying to extend his contract chances are he'll ultimately be renewed. It isn't the first time we've waited until the last second to renew a contract.

God Serena

Mathieu is injured, Adriano is probably going to be needed at RB with Alves needing rest and both Douglas and Roberto being injured, and there's literally no reason at all to play Alba. Then there's the fact that it's a pointless game anyways.

Needless to say, Grimaldo isn't called up for tomorrow. But the club is going to extend his contract. Lel

khaled_a_d

Mathieu is injured, Adriano is probably going to be needed at RB with Alves needing rest and both Douglas and Roberto being injured, and there's literally no reason at all to play Alba. Then there's the fact that it's a pointless game anyways.

Needless to say, Grimaldo isn't called up for tomorrow. But the club is going to extend his contract. Lel

IIRC you have to field a certain percentage of starters in those games or get sanctions .some sort of fair play rule

God Serena

IIRC you have to field a certain percentage of starters in those games or get sanctions .some sort of fair play rule

Didn't Tito field an almost entirely B and reserve team when he secured his group? I remember even Deulofeu got minutes in that one.

And how do the rules determine who is a starter? The likes of Adriano, Bartra, Vermaelen, Munir, Samper, ter Stegen etc aren't starters but it'd be fairly ridiculous for UEFA to say we're breaking rules if we fielded an XI made up entirely of those types of players.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Didn't Tito field an almost entirely B and reserve team when he secured his group? I remember even Deulofeu got minutes in that one.

And how do the rules determine who is a starter? The likes of Adriano, Bartra, Vermaelen, Munir, Samper, ter Stegen etc aren't starters but it'd be fairly ridiculous for UEFA to say we're breaking rules if we fielded an XI made up entirely of those types of players.

Messi got injured that game too.

God Serena

I'm speaking about youth policy in general and while Lucho might be culpable for who he gives minutes to, he has less to do with how La Masia is run

Do you mind elaborating on what you mean then? I'm not as in tune with La Masia as I'd like to be so this kind of thing interests me.

Home of Barca Fans