Alen Halilović

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
If Denis comes back also, we'd have Iniesta, Rakitic, Roberto, Rafinha, Arda, and Denis competing for two positions. Probably better for Halilovic to stay on loan for another season.

BBZ8800

If Denis comes back also, we'd have Iniesta, Rakitic, Roberto, Rafinha, Arda, and Denis competing for two positions. Probably better for Halilovic to stay on loan for another season.

I have a feeling that "idea" of Halilovic as Barca's midfielder is more like a fantasy from our fans and forum, than a reality.

Halilovic has been a winger his whole career.
But since we have Messi "locked" at RW position for the next 4-5-xx years, it seems that our fans are trying to find some win-win solution and now we are "dreaming" about Halilovic as a midfielder.

He "can" play as an attacking midfielder, and he is improving there.
But also, Busi can play as a Cm and Mascherano can play as a Cdm, but they are not at Barca's level on those positions.

About Halilovic:
1. he played as a winger in Dinamo Zagreb
2. whenever he plays for a Croatian NT, he is always a winger
3. whenever he got some minutes under Lucho in a preseason, he was ALWAYS a right winger
4. his Dna and natural skills are=a winger, either in 433, 442 or 451

When Alen played as a Cm?
1. at Barca B, a team crippled with a transfer ban, so since more or less nobody can create anything in midfield, he was pushed at Cm position
2. Sporting Gijon, another horrible team, where he is by far the most creative player, so he is more valuable as a creator there, since no one else can create anything

But I see his midfielder's episodes more like Alexis' episodes in Chile, where he was a Cm or Amc and the main "brain/creator" of his team.
While in Barca, he was always an attacker, and he was never good enough to be Barca's midfielder.

Imo (not you mate, but majority of users), this is starting to sound the same as: Samper should be our Cm (but NOT because he is better as Cm than Cdm, but because Busi is "locked" at Cdm position for years, so our fans are trying to find some other position for Samper, so that we could have as many talented players as possible on the field in the same time.)

I personally don't care how many midfielders we have.
Halil will either make it one day here as a winger.
Or he will fail.
As a Barca's level/type of a Cm or Amc, I personally have 1% faith in him.
He is just not "our type" of a midfielder. Not even close.

anguy

Yes, he won't be competing for midfield spot at all. He'll be competing with Rafinha for the spot of Messi's backup. Messi is playing every game now, but that doesn't need to be true in (near) future. Also Halilovic has quite similar style to Messi, especially Messi in deep creative role, so the team doesn't need to change the style too much. But I don't believe we have place for both Rafinha and Halilovic.

MasChe

I think that Alen's situation is quite a tricky one. He has far greather chances of making it and become a player of Barca quality than Munir. Munir is here just another body on the pitch, a place filler when Messi is injured or needs rest. He would not get this many minutes if it were not for Rafinha's injury. But Alen is like I said a very bright talent, and sitting on the bench is the last thing he needs and that's what he would get if he returns in summer. Not a player to bench Messi surely, but a huge waist to be just a Munir type of player. Also if it's possible it would mean a lot for his development if he moves to stronger la liga club, preferably somwhere where we have good ties, as we do in Gijon and where he will surely play, as not many clubs are interested in raising players for others. Maybe Enrique still has some good connections at Celta?

BarcaJack

Also if it's possible it would mean a lot for his development if he moves to stronger la liga club, preferably somwhere where we have good ties, as we do in Gijon and where he will surely play, as not many clubs are interested in raising players for others. Maybe Enrique still has some good connections at Celta?

You obviously forget our man Eusebio :mou:

serghei

He needs to move from Gijon next season. Either at Barca, or at least at a better team (think something like Villareal). You can not develop very well at a team where you are the best player at only 19, in your debut season in La Liga. How much can you learn in a set-up like that? Not much imo.

I would even consider a transfer with buy-back option, to lure the better teams in.

khaled_a_d

He needs to move from Gijon next season. Either at Barca, or at least at a better team (think something like Villareal). You can not develop very well at a team where you are the best player at only 19, in your debut season in La Liga. How much can you learn in a set-up like that? Not much imo.

Totally agree
I really think that there is very good chance that Sporting will end up relegated unless they start elevating their game
If my guess come true ,he will surely won't end up there .

serghei

Totally agree
I really think that there is very good chance that Sporting will end up relegated unless they start elevating their game
If my guess come true ,he will surely won't end up there .

Well, relegation is certainly a possibility when Levante beats you at home, 3-0.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
On a second thought and having seen how Sociedad played against Real on Bernabéu under our former B coach Eusebio, I'd send Alen there.

khaled_a_d

Eusebio isn't really big on youth development.

He did well with Deulofeu
And his last year he went all "youth" in crazy way
Obviously that will be very different with 1st team than reserve team
That said ,I think Alen played his worst football with him ,probably with the only player to play better with Vinyals rather than Eusebio

Home of Barca Fans