Alen Halilović

El Flaco

Comparison between Halilovic and Real Madrid's talent Marco Asensio (who's loaned to Espanyol atm).

mzmf29L.jpg

Just found this.

MessiDinho10

Looks like he had a good game with some great dribbles. Needs better teammates though, he could've had two assists if his teammates had positioned themselves better.

El Flaco

Halilović's dribble vs. Getafe

[gfy]FamousFamousCopepod[/gfy]

Alternative Angles

[gfy]QuarrelsomeWideJapanesebeetle[/gfy]

[gfy]DesertedBewitchedBluebird[/gfy]

khaled_a_d

Comparison between Halilovic and Real Madrid's talent Marco Asensio (who's loaned to Espanyol atm).

mzmf29L.jpg

Just found this.

Asensio is another huge talent ,which is sad b/c we almost got him but decided to put faith on Adama and use the money to buy Douglas instead (or that is the general believe)
But tbf on a big part of this is the teams they are playing and the duties asked from both ,one playing for a team in the relegation zone (and I won't be surprised if finished the league in 20th place) and the other is playing with a decent midtable team

Galning

Most important thing now is play games. Halilovic is getting a lot of experience this season. When it's over the club can evaluate his situation and maybe chose to loan him somewhere else, or even keep him. I wouldn't be too worried about his "bad teammates".

Note: I haven't watched games of Halilovic, just highlights and I had some queries.
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] I'm curious about Halilovic, if his best position is RW (as you said, he's a pure winger), what are his major strengths there and how will it translate to his performances when he's not the best player in the team?

Yes, he can take his man on and beat him. But he doesn't have a great crossing ability. He isn't a pure goalscorer either. From what I've seen, he can thread some through balls and that can definitely be improved to reach a much higher level. So what can he do on the wing in a bigger team, when he's not free to roam around the pitch? The best thing he could possibly do is cut inside from the right and send a cross-field ball with his left foot, but that would be too one dimensional. The reason why Messi can do that effectively, is because he can easily cut inside and go to score as well, hence the defense is always in two minds. He eventually has to learn to play as CAM/CM (as his strengths seem ideal for the same), if he continues to develop this way doesn't he?

Last edited:

NorthernVictory

Note: I haven't watched games of Halilovic, just highlights and I had some queries.
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] I'm curious about Halilovic, if his best position is RW (as you said, he's a pure winger), what are his major strenghts there and how will it translate to his performances when he's not the best player in the team?

Yes, he can take his man on and beat him. But he doesn't have a great crossing ability. He isn't a pure goalscorer either. From what I've seen, he can thread some throughballs and that can definitely be improved to reach a much higher level. So what can he do on the wing in a bigger team, when he's not free to roam around the pitch? The best thing he could possibly do is cut inside from the right and send a cross-field ball with his left foot, but that would be too one dimensional. The reason why Messi can do that effectively, is because he can easily cut inside and go to score as well, hence the defense is always in two minds. He eventually has to learn to play as CAM/CM (as his strenghts seem ideal for the same), if he continues to develop this way doesn't he?

Wide Playmaker? It's what Arda Turan did for Atletico quite often.

Home of Barca Fans