Alen Halilović

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And btw, totally agree that Alen is at fault for his bad development in the past half year. His entourage sucks and he didn't listen to the club's advice and picked HSV. And he didn't work hard enough in training towards the end with Gijon. Hopefully Robert was the one advising him to pick Las Palmas (also rumored interest from Gijon and Valencia) and hopefully Setien, who from Barça preferences is a great coach and reportedly likes Alen, will be the right to guide him towards a more disciplinary and mature way of professional life.

If he can do that, and also start ignoring his pathetic entourage, then his chances of making it to Barca or even succeeding at another major team in the future, increases exponentially.

There are some question marks on him though, and doubts a lot of people will have. This is his golden chance. Perhaps the only and one last chance if he want to be in Barcelona.

God Serena

I've already been burned once by Deulofeu and I'll be damned if I let it happen again.

Let's be real here for a moment, the chance of a diva mentality player like Halilovic making it here are slim. BBZ may curse soft and timid players to the high heavens but someone like Samper, who will listen with wide eyes and a nod, is much more likely to succeed here than someone who feels like he is going to succeed here, just because they're them.

The Destroyer

He is only 20 I think Las Palmas is a really good fit for him they play a similar way to Barcelona, Allen was loaned out to a very poor Gijon side last season in a relegation battle with little quality or creativity to support him he is not a miracle maker and Hamburg play very direct almost Atletico style which does not suit him at all we will see the real Halilovic in the Canaries in a foward thinking side that likes to keep possession and build up play.

The Destroyer

"I love the style of football they play here - a team which likes to play with a lot of possession could work well for me", the Croatian said at his presentation.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
So he's most likely not coming back to Barça via our buyback, unless we make some kind of deal with Las Palmas.

He should get his shit together first... But yeah, I hope Las Palmas take this as and act of good will and are willing to return the favor if we ever need it...

khaled_a_d

So he's most likely not coming back to Barça via our buyback, unless we make some kind of deal with Las Palmas.

There is probably something unsaid about this deal,either a another buyback for us,a 1st option on their player etc.
Or we are already decided that he will never come back and thought let him go,but even then it doesn't make sense b/c we Las Palmas want him and we could have got something (even little) in return for such a "favor"

BBZ8800

There is probably something unsaid about this deal,either a another buyback for us,a 1st option on their player etc.
Or we are already decided that he will never come back and thought let him go,but even then it doesn't make sense b/c we Las Palmas want him and we could have got something (even little) in return for such a "favor"

Maybe we'll buy Lemos or some of their players one day for cheaper...

Messi983

I could be wrong but from what I've understand from Las Palmas SD words ("Barcelona have a right to buy, they had it with Hamburg, but while we are in the loan period, the clauses can only be executed by us") we can still execute our 12M buy option in 2018 (and 2019 too I believe) even if Las Palmas buy him. So only things that change for us are that we can't bring him back this summer (which wouldn't happen anyway) and if we decide to buy him back we'd have to pay to Las Palmas instead of Hamburg.

I think a favour or good will from Barça that Toni Cruz talked about is just that we'll let Alen stay at Las Palmas for at least 18 month (let's imagine a crazy scenario that Alen explodes over the next few months and scores 10 goals and/or gives 10 assists and maybe if Las Palmas qualify for Europa League they are guaranteed to keep him for another season) and then maybe we'll also pay (let's say development fee) to them if he'll improve enough that they'll decide to buy him and we'll also be willing to bring him back. From Barça's standpoint it's the same whether we pay 12M to HSV or Las Palmas but if this move will help us to fix our relationship (which was apparently somewhat broken last summer when we were trying to buy Lemos) with Las Palmas and we could get Alen back in 2018/19 as a much improved player and maybe also buy Lemos (they also have a couple of other interesting players but I dont think we are seriously interested in any of them) then I'm all for that.

It's not ideal to pay 7M for development to other clubs and I'd prefer if Halilović would just be loaned to Las Palmas last summer but it was Alen's and his entourage decision to go to HSV. Robert probably also wasn't totally convinced Alen can make it at Barça longterm so he decided to at least get something for him instead of loaning him for another season or two (after he was benched for the second half of last season in Gijon who knows what could've happen to him in another club) that could even lower his value if he wouldn't develop as expected.

But if we can get improved, better and more experienced Alen who could be at least a good squad player for us back for 7M of additional fee then I'm ok with that. And If he fails to impress even now at Las Palmas at least we've already gotten something for him. Let's say that we''ll buy Marlon or that Bueno kid with those 5M we got for Alen. I'm ok with that. :)

BBZ8800

Played 18 minutes yesterday for Las Palmas with score 3:1 already:

Good thing:
1. at least he is playing again

Bad things:
1. bad passes yesterday whenever he tried some more complicated pass
2. he needs to buy a headband. His hair was all over the place and he needed to adjust it and put behind his ear each few seconds :lol:

Home of Barca Fans