Alen Halilović

BBZ8800

@BBZ8800

I have to disagree here with you. I'm also from Croatia and while I agree that Alen behavior is questionable (even though nothing comfirmed) I think he is Extra talent. Actually I rate him more talented than Modrić for example.
Of course this doesn't mean he'll succeed, I agree with your other requirements for Barca players, but I trully belive he is extremly talented from the first moment I saw him touch the ball.

I also loved him in the beginning, mate.
But I was dissapointed later with his arrogance, attitude and selfishness.

Further, since you are from Croatia also, do you agree that a lot of people in Croatia don't like him?
Yes, all top players (even Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic have some haters).

But this guy really has a huge amount of haters on all Croatian forums, do you agree with that?

Gaudi

I also loved him in the beginning, mate.
But I was dissapointed later with his arrogance, attitude and selfishness.

Further, since you are from Croatia also, do you agree that a lot of people in Croatia don't like him?
Yes, all top players (even Modric, Rakitic, Mandzukic have some haters).

But this guy really has a huge amount of haters on all Croatian forums, do you agree with that?

Well to some extant, he definitely hase haters, more than some...but I'm not convicend he is that bad. Also, sometimes a little attitude can help, for example Kovacic is mostly loved but also a lot of talking in Croatia about his lack of balls, courage to try something. Alen definitely doesnt' have that problem, I belive sometimes that can help nurture the talent, of course if controled. Also you have to Know he was alwayw 2 classes above everyone in his categories, it does shape you a bit on the arrogant side, now in Barca he is not. He can see other great talents and if he has any brain and guidance he'll know what to do.

dakt

How is that relevant? I "dislike" Ronaldo, but never the less he's still one of the greatest strikers in the history of football.
Personally, I don't think much of Alen atm, but the kid has some potential, talent. He could succeed if he works hard. Maybe not in Barca, but I still think
of him as a great future asset for our NT.

BBZ8800

How is that relevant? I "dislike" Ronaldo, but never the less he's still one of the greatest strikers in the history of football.

He doesn't have haters only because of his personality.
He has haters because of hype, because of how he was pushed by Mamic both in Dinamo and NT team, even though he didn't deserve it, plus because of his footballing flaws and extreme selfishness whenever he played for Dinamo and Croatia.

I just wanted to offer more insight for people who aren't from Croatia.
Especially those who watched only youtube clips.

But in the end, when in your home country you have such a huge amount of haters and doubters at the age of 18, it is worth mentioning, here on his topic.

Rakitic doesn't have almost any haters, on the other hand. Just for the record.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

Well as someone who started watching him after Barca started being interested (2013), I think he's the best dribbler his age in the world, atleast from what i've seen, and its not just cause of youtube highlights I've watched him in full games and am still impressed, but thats just my opinion.

dakt

He doesn't have haters only because of his personality.
He has haters because of hype, because of how he was pushed by Mamic both in Dinamo and NT team, even though he didn't deserve it, plus because of his footballing flaws and extreme selfishness whenever he played for Dinamo and Croatia.

I just wanted to offer more insight for people who aren't from Croatia.
Especially those who watched only youtube clips.

But in the end, when in your home country you have such a huge amount of haters and doubters at the age of 18, it is worth mentioning, here on his topic.

Rakitic doesn't have almost any haters, on the other hand. Just for the record.

Haters? Not sure. I mean I know many people that follow domestic football, none of them did express "hate" towards him.
I wish him all the luck, from the bottom of my heart...hope he'll make it here....................................................................but I think he won't.

Galning

The fact that he agreed to join the freaking B team shows that he was really motivated to come here. That said we all know Eusebio is a clown and it bothers me that he isn't a regular starter yet.

yahudi

Son could've been so much better if he opted less for the cheeky stuff and instead executed the basics properly. He had a couple of nice runs ruined by a weak pass afterwards

anguy

Young players are often actually ecouraged to be selfish and opt for "cheeky stuff" by coaches. It's because it's important to develop technical skills while still young, everything else can wait a bit.

Home of Barca Fans