Alex Collado

vegitot

Non sense it had othing to be with the training, he knew he had to options left in midfield.

It does. Like Van Gaal and his assistant thought Iniesta at first had no chance but after one session, they changed their mind completely.

Probably the same with Pedri and Koeman, Lucho...

JamDav1982

It does. Like Van Gaal and his assistant thought Iniesta at first had no chance but after one session, they changed their mind completely.

Probably the same with Pedri and Koeman, Lucho...

Some folk cant handle the fact that Koeman was won over quickly by Pedri and put trust in him at such a young age.

That would be too much like praising Koeman for something so they just fabricate that he had no option but to play him.

mc_lovin

He's not my golden boy. Do you see me posting images from his social media accounts :lol:?

If he makes it at Barca it's with a total football type manager, a Cruyff-inspired type. Not a terrible idea to wait and see if Laporta names one of this ilk post-Koeman. Koeman has more in common with EV than with the likes of Pep. He prefers stronger, more athletic robust types, and his football is direct and often pretty rigid compared with the fluidity of Cruyff style. Best managers of this type are Pep, Tuchel, partly Klopp. Xavi could be the next one to apply and further tweak this vast and complicated style, he certainly has the knowledge for it.

Of course, going on loan just for 1 season would have been the best option, but don't now if it was on the cards for him or not.

A lot of nonsense in this post. How are Pedri and Demir stronger, more athletic types? The one really commendable thing about Koeman is his handling of talent. Age doesn't matter for him if you are good enough.

Puig and Collado ain't.

Messi983

I don't understand why Collado has changed his mind. Does he really think there will be more minutes for him just because Messi is gone?

I get why Mavericky wants to stay. Leaving would affect his "fame" and social media status which is what he cares more about than his football career but I've thought Collado would be more ambitious.

JamDav1982

A lot of nonsense in this post. How are Pedri and Demir stronger, more athletic types? The one really commendable thing about Koeman is his handling of talent. Age doesn't matter for him if you are good enough.

Puig and Collado ain't.

Koeman asked for Dest to be signed, started Garcia in first two games, trusted Pedri at 16/17, likes Demir and debuted him at 18.. still plays Busquets/Pique near enough every game.

There is no evidence he is favouring 'strong/athletic' types and only reason it is brought up is to make some point about Puig that doesnt add up in reality.

serghei

Puig and Collado ain't.

Good enough FOR HIS style and his interpretation. There are plenty of players rated differently by different managers. There could be many reason why Koeman doesn't like a player. Some of those reasons might be shared by other managers, some might not be.

mc_lovin

Good enough FOR HIS style and his interpretation. There are plenty of players rated differently by different managers. There could be many reason why Koeman doesn't like a player. Some of those reasons might be shared by other managers, some might not be.

Given everything we know it might be shared by other managers. I don't see Guardiola coming to the rescue.

And heck, how are Demir and Collado not incredibly close in style? Both playmaking wingers, one is rated and the other isn't. Same as Pedri and Puig.

vegitot

I don't understand why Collado has changed his mind. Does he really think there will be more minutes for him just because Messi is gone?

I get why Mavericky wants to stay. Leaving would affect his "fame" and social media status which is what he cares more about than his football career but I've thought Collado would be more ambitious.

Think Collado still looks for a loan to a good club but ỏibably there aren't enough good offers. Maybe only from lesser teams from lesser league with no European competition.

ajnotkeith

He, among with Mavericky, Pjanic, Umtiti, Manaj are on Koeman's red list, he wants them to go before transfer window ends.

I actually think it is only Puig Pjanic and Collado. Manaj just got registered in Laliga given a number and put on the first team site, doesn't seem like something you'd do for a player you don't want, and MD said today Barca are in agreement Umtiti should be given more chances and will be withdrawn from the transfer market.

ajnotkeith

Laporta does not want Collado to leave as he is La Masia and all the loan offers received for him have been with a buy option which both Collado and the club rejects. I'm certain if Collado pushed for it the club would let him leave with a buy option but as he doesn't want to leave permanently, Laporta would also like him to stay

JamDav1982

Doubt Laporta cares too much that he is La Masia but more that Barcelona dont want to agree to a buy clause that could be cheap if he has a good season and lose money from it.

vegitot

Laporta does not want Collado to leave as he is La Masia and all the loan offers received for him have been with a buy option which both Collado and the club rejects. I'm certain if Collado pushed for it the club would let him leave with a buy option but as he doesn't want to leave permanently, Laporta would also like him to stay

I think it is more about loan offers. Both sides still don't find a good one.
Collado wants to play for a Champion League team while it seems no team offers him that.

Home of Barca Fans