Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Bergkamp10

Wait, hes 17, playing in a weak league and proven nothing and yet people is willing to pay 10 million for him? Barca paid 3 million for Afeally, so I truely fail to see the logic behind that. Also, being touted as the "new" Theo Walcott is not something I would be proud of.

Yeah and Afellay had 6 months left on his contract hence why he went so cheap. It's a lot to pay but English young players cost more and that's that. We can more than afford it and I'm sure our scouts have watched him for a long time to see if he's good enough. Rather £10m now then potentially double that once Southampton come up.

You mean Theo Walcott, regular for Arsenal and England at just 21? Yeah what a terrible comparison. Theo haters :lol:

N

nutnut

I don't mind when clubs pay £10+ for youngesters, you can always sell them on anyway and get most of that money back.

It's better than paying £20/£30 million plus for a player in their late 20's and they fail and you can't sell them on so your stuck with them, unless you give them away.

It's like what Barca did with Ibra, terrible business. Buy youth though (cheaper) and you can't fail.

Last edited:

Robbie

Wait, hes 17, playing in a weak league and proven nothing and yet people is willing to pay 10 million for him? Barca paid 3 million for Afeally, so I truely fail to see the logic behind that. Also, being touted as the "new" Theo Walcott is not something I would be proud of.

He's on a long contract while Afellay would have been free in 6 months. It's paying for potential and making sure we get him before other clubs do, but at the same time there's an inflated price tag because he's English and Southampton do not need to sell.

Bergkamp10

Seems the deal is done just depends on whether he goes back to Southampton for the rest of the season or comes to Arsenal now. Happy with the signing, always nice to get exciting young English players in. I expect him to replace Rosicky next season.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Oh man, I cant wait to see him flop. Stay at Southampton for 2-3 more years mate.

B

blueduck

Nah, I'm a pretty liberal guy. I just hate people who come to my country and take the piss. I'm fine with all races, but I don't think we should change our culture just to suit them. The Toure brothers are both black and muslim and I love them both.

Anyway back on topic.

Bergkamp10

People responding to you getting excited that a 17 year old is apparently going to flop which is really sad. Or rather people responding to your usual, boring anti-English shit. Good job people in England don't give a crap about Scotland and the lack of talent over there, isn't it?

Home of Barca Fans