Alex Song

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
He certainly has more presence than the lanky Busquets. Reminiscent of Yaya... He is fantastic, just a little undisciplined but perhaps him and Busi should be rotating more often. It wouldn't do harm imo if he starts in some important matches.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know why some guys tiptoe around this (reckon it's the fear of hipsters scrutiny).. Still, needs to be said; When on form, Song looks much better than Busi.
Nothing much to it but simple matter of determination and will to fight for his place. Afraid it's the same problem with more players at FCB. Otherwise they wouldn't get embarrassed by workrate of "choker has beens" such as Robben etc.

MVBarcaFan

Honestly, I would start him over Busquets in the return leg. He's a suitable replacement that adds more to the mid-field with his physicality.

Andrew M

I don't think we need him on Wednesday, but it's quite clear to me that he should have played in the first leg. Like when Pep used to play Keita in the away legs. I remember that Keita scored in the 1-1 with Bayern in the second leg in 09.

Perhaps a bit of arrogance to think we can just go there and impose our game on Bayern when we struggled with Milan.

kostasgtc

I don't think we need him on Wednesday, but it's quite clear to me that he should have played in the first leg. Like when Pep used to play Keita in the away legs. I remember that Keita scored in the 1-1 with Bayern in the second leg in 09.

Perhaps a bit of arrogance to think we can just go there and impose our game on Bayern when we struggled with Milan.
hmmmm i think i agree

Irish_Cules

He should play if Busquet's back is still at him. It's no coincidence that Busquet's drop in form has coincided with the injury he's carrying. He just isn't able to cover up to his usual standard. Song has shown in recent weeks that he is up to the task.

Elite-BkD

Don't know why some guys tiptoe around this (reckon it's the fear of hipsters scrutiny).. Still, needs to be said; When on form, Song looks much better than Busi.
Nothing much to it but simple matter of determination and will to fight for his place. Afraid it's the same problem with more players at FCB. Otherwise they wouldn't get embarrassed by workrate of "choker has beens" such as Robben etc.

I think Busi is still better when on form, he just plainly has not been for a good spell now and Song definitely seems better at the moment. In hindsight he very obviously should have played against Bayerm imo.

oz187

There's also the whole sticking to the style/tradition that's served the club for the last 20 years. Hopefully the 4-0 thrashing teaches them that they have to compromise and be more cautious in future.

Andrew M

There's also the whole sticking to the style/tradition that's served the club for the last 20 years. Hopefully the 4-0 thrashing teaches them that they have to compromise and be more cautious in future.

I still think they should be true to the style, but, yes, be more selective. Messi was not 100% and the defence was depleted.

Theconomist

It's time for him to step up. If he plays like he has been then he'll elevate himself in the squad and start seriously rotating with Busq instead of just playing the odd game here and there.

Home of Barca Fans